Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is there something wrong with this hpt?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just took this test and in my opinion it looks a little gross to actually be positve, I think the color is off on it or something. What do you all think?

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (201-210):
Salsacookies
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:15 AM

That's what mine looked like. It was saturated with pee, but still clearly positive. Congrats!

BeanieBlue
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:08 AM
1 mom liked this

They look positive to me too!

Just keep in mind that ALL pregnancies are different and maybe that's why you're having so much trouble confirming this one.

I know a woman that tested negative no matter WHAT test was done until after her 5th month! By then, she KNEW she was preggers so the confirming test was just a formality! lol The same thing happened with her 2nd pregnancy. Both of those were boys.  When she got pregnant with her dd several years later, her hormone levels were very high from the start!! lol Go figure!

Please keep us posted :-)

prdmomnarmywife
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:12 AM
My blood test with my first came back negative . Pee test just like yours . Dr called the pee test ify . One week later blood was positive .

Quoting nikki554:

Quoting Kmommy2011:

I have no idea thats tough... I have never used that brand but I would recommend getting a dollar one they work just as good or at least a different brand.

I have done 7 of the 88 cent walmart test in the past week to 10 days. I went to the dr and she did a blood test and told me I was not pregnant and to stop worrying. There was absolutly no way that I was getting postive tests if my blood was negative. She basically told me that I am doing or reading the tests wrong. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nativeshaman
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Urine drug test come back with a pos or neg result before bld tests show pos....get second opinion....most drs offices use urine drug tests same as you....good luck
nikki554
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Quoting Stacie2261:

Any symptoms? My boobs were tender. And of course - no period.

My boobs hurt pretty bad. I have missed my period, strong food aversions and fatique. No nausea or vomitting though 

nikki554
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Quoting BeanieBlue:

They look positive to me too!

Just keep in mind that ALL pregnancies are different and maybe that's why you're having so much trouble confirming this one.

I know a woman that tested negative no matter WHAT test was done until after her 5th month! By then, she KNEW she was preggers so the confirming test was just a formality! lol The same thing happened with her 2nd pregnancy. Both of those were boys.  When she got pregnant with her dd several years later, her hormone levels were very high from the start!! lol Go figure!

Please keep us posted :-)

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=differences-between-boys

I actually posted this link somewhere else as well. It would be really cool if this were able to be proven 100% of the time! But from reading it, it seems to be a pretty accurate statement.

juareza92
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:22 AM
That's the same result I got with Equate brand (Walmart) when I was prego with my lo. I thought it was lying to me but then I took a test with the brand First Response and it was positive too. After that I confirmed my pregnancy by taking a pregnancy test at the city's health department. And I was lol.
pacificamom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM

what was the final verdict?

dustykitty
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I totally agree with this mom.  I used to use all those brand name tests and spent alot of money on them.  It was suggested to me by a friend to use the one from the dollar store.  I thought she was crazy.  Sure enough, they work just the same as the expensive ones and you don't feel bad if you use more then one, like I did.  I would take another test and use it first thing in the morning if you can.  Worst case, go to the dr and have blood test done.

Quoting Kmommy2011:

I have no idea thats tough... I have never used that brand but I would recommend getting a dollar one they work just as good or at least a different brand.

nikki554
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I am not sure yet. I had a blood draw today at 2. The dr that I saw saif that the hcg level at my previous draw was like 4 which made it negative. The person that took my blood said that their carrier does not come for the blood til 5 so I will not know until tomorrow. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN