Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is there something wrong with this hpt?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just took this test and in my opinion it looks a little gross to actually be positve, I think the color is off on it or something. What do you all think?

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
nikki554
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Quoting mommyof2kids306:

Buy a different test and retest

I will retest first thing in the morning and let ya'll know. Thanks for the advise! Is there a test that I should or should not get? I have three other children and it was never this confusing. It was yes you are pregnant. Not dont worry about it you cant be. 

toopicky429
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM
At this point I would buy a digital. :)

Quoting nikki554:

Quoting mommyof2kids306:

Buy a different test and retest

I will retest first thing in the morning and let ya'll know. Thanks for the advise! Is there a test that I should or should not get? I have three other children and it was never this confusing. It was yes you are pregnant. Not dont worry about it you cant be. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmommy2011
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Wow I know this! Point is if she has gotten 7 positive HPT their is no denying she is pregnant! The dr office seems out of order with so many positive HPT test the dr's test seems like its the one thats off...

Quoting toopicky429:

It depends on which blood test they did on her. One test gives a positive or negative result, and one gives HCG numbers which is more accurate. Home tests are more sensitive than urine tests at the doctors office. The photo posted is not positive. It is a faulty test. The dye should not bleed across the test like that.

Quoting Kmommy2011:

I would defintely switch dr offices! Their is no way a hpt would give a false positive so many times... You are pregnant!

Quoting nikki554:

yes along with three from the dollar store. I have the three from the dollar store still and a pic of one of the 88 cent walmart ones. When the doctor told me that the blood dont lie I just kinda tossed it out of my mind. And I though this woman went through alot of schooling to stand in front of me and give me advise, why not trust what she is saying to me. But since the blood test on the 16 I have not been able to just forget that I have had positve tests. I dont know if I should try to get a second opinion or maybe just another blood test. I just feel like an idiot because I can not forget it and put it out of my mind. 

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Nope, looks like it's just a VERY strong positive (actually looks like an old/dried test).

nikki554
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Quoting Devious103102:

Nope, looks like it's just a VERY strong positive (actually looks like an old/dried test).

the last three are old. they are from last week (19th, 20th, and 21st) I do not know how to calculate the math or anything, but if it helps my blood draw was on the 16th. The 16th was the day that I got my first 2 postive urine tests. They also did one at the clinic and it was positive. But the blood was negative and the doctor said that the must be something else besides pregnancy occuring. She did not schedule a follow up or anything. 

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Do a follow up blood test. With DD4 I got 4 positive tests (started at 8DPO/3w 1d preg!) and when I did my first blood work one week after the first test (the day after my period was due) it came back negative (with a level of 2!). I went back a week later (after more positive home tests) and the blood test, at that point, was very positive!  There are a few things that can give you a positive urine test (like excessive energy drinks or apple juice) but you had to have drank like 3 of them back to back then pee'd on a stick!

Quoting nikki554:

Quoting Devious103102:

the last three are old. they are from last week (19th, 20th, and 21st) I do not know how to calculate the math or anything, but if it helps my blood draw was on the 16th. The 16th was the day that I got my first 2 postive urine tests. They also did one at the clinic and it was positive. But the blood was negative and the doctor said that the must be something else besides pregnancy occuring. She did not schedule a follow up or anything. 

stargaze281
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM
take another preg test try the first response brand
zebbyzebby06
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Bump
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM

It looks way over-saturated. Did you pee on it longer than you were supposed to? It also looks positive though. Otherwise there wouldn't be any horizontal lines.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Definitely looks positive to me.  I would buy a digital just to confirm and then go back to your ob and have another blood test done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)