Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

*TMI* boils

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM
  • 10 Replies
This might sound really off but I have to ask. I have a boil for the past 3 days and its located down there ( I know TMI) I was planning on going to the hospital because it seems to be getting bigger. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my pregnancy (35w 5 days) has anyone else ever experienced this....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Ouch! I hope they can help you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I'm sure it does. My skin gets ridiculous when I'm pregnant.. s#*t pops up everywhere except my face!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RaeRaeNe
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I get those too
amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I'd just sick a needle in it. Lol I'd soak it in alcohol and take care of it myself to save an ER bill. I had one on my boob a few months ago (first one ever) and it was sick. I popped it myself. It was starting to tunnel also so I'd get yours taken care of ASAP. And couldn't you go to your family dr or OB instead of hospital?

GL!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Ouch!  You can put a very warm, wet washcloth on it often and it should draw it out.  Once it pops, just clean it with soap and water and put an antibiotic ointment and bandage on it.

angevil53
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Just go to the dr. You don't need to go to the hospital.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM
.just do it yourself. Its usually caused by a hair or sweat glands. Either sit in a warm bath or put a warm cloth on it to draw it out.... Sometimes using the cloth it will drain on its own but if not use a clean needle and pop it. Use a tissue and drain it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherNisi409
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I have been getting them too on my upper and inner thighs. If you do pop them make sure you clean them good so they don't get infected. I have a huge fear of MRSA and my MRSA story began as a boil that started small and grew big.

thatsme24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I'm heading there now. My OB is in the hospital anyways

Quoting amy31308:

I'd just sick a needle in it. Lol I'd soak it in alcohol and take care of it myself to save an ER bill. I had one on my boob a few months ago (first one ever) and it was sick. I popped it myself. It was starting to tunnel also so I'd get yours taken care of ASAP. And couldn't you go to your family dr or OB instead of hospital?

GL!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virgochild79
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Castor oil.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN