Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else getting infections and sick constantly? (TMI) (vent)

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:16 AM
  • 15 Replies
I seriously can't get a break! At the beginning I had a yeast infection and a bacterial for weeks. After popping pills up there for a week or two it finally went away. Then I got a bladder infection (with little symptoms) that quickly turned into a uti. Each time the uti went away one would come back shortly after (had 5!!). Then in Nov I got whooping cough. December I got the stomach bug which led to sever dehydration and uti #4. Another uti after that one. And now a yeast infection!!! So glad my due date is in 2 weeks!!
Thanks for letting me vent.

Anyone else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Pregnancy lowers your immune system making you more susceptible to things.  Hope you feel better soon!

newmom3917
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I've had 2 UTI's this pregnancy! and I had almost no symptoms except frequent urination, helloooo how am I going to think that me peeing all the time means I have an infection, I'm pregnant, I thought it was just the baby making me go so much! Both times I went to the hospital thinking I was havin contractions and going into labor, but it was just cramping due to the UTI.

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Ive been sick my whole pregnancy with a nasty cold, from 4 weeks to now (24 weeks). Ive had utis, yeast infections, pain, ect......

I ready to be not pregnant lol

virgochild79
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I was like that with my first pregnancy 11 years ago. I didn't take very good care of myself though. My second pregnancy 6 years ago I had 1 UTI. Now I'm pretty healthy and no sicknesses or infections, just tired as hell. Maybe you should eat a boat load of fruits and veggies and take supplements and drink lots of water (if you don't already). Good luck with all that, that must really blow to be sick your whole pregnancy :(

ekh2010
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I keep gettin nasty sinus infection like thing. Ive been treating it naturally but keeps coming back i really dnt want to take antibiotics but im soooo over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I always get UTI's when pregnant. It stinks : (

kelly617
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM

This happened to me with my last pregnancy
I had 3 bad colds
an infected spider bite (never had one before)
and mrsa...also never had it before

1. I think your immune system is lower when you're pregnant..which makes NO sense...you'd think it would be up trying to protect you and baby but no
ProudMama1125
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:44 PM

badI'm only 7.5wks and am on UTI #2 after cutting everything but cranberry juice, water. and orange juice out of my daily liquid intake.. *sigh* Some of us just can't win.
Yay for baby coming in a couple weeks tho! =)

Kc0001
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Boo sorry mama, I have had a cold like 5 times since Dec. turned into a  URI then got rid of that and got ANOTHER head cold.

SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:04 PM
My dr said it's so that we make anti-bodies and give them to the baby so the baby is healthy.

Quoting kelly617:

This happened to me with my last pregnancy
I had 3 bad colds
an infected spider bite (never had one before)
and mrsa...also never had it before

1. I think your immune system is lower when you're pregnant..which makes NO sense...you'd think it would be up trying to protect you and baby but no

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured