Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hyperactive baby?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:51 AM
  • 23 Replies
I'm 28 weeks preggers and feel like I have a gymnast/octopus in my belly!!! Is this normal? My 2 daughters were hardly active in belly, I'd have to tap my belly to get movement. Any ideas??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jesuschild06
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:55 AM
i was a hyperactive baby in the womb. And being born didnt change that. I was scooting from one side of the crib to the other (literally. my mom kept blaming my older sister for moving me until she finally watched me do it) the day i was brought home from the hospital. I didnt cry for toys. I went and got what i wanted from day 1. Im really hoping my baby is active :) i cant wait to see baby go !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaScho88
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

That's very normal, all baby's are different...my first did alot of flips and not as much kicking, my second was more quiet and did alot of rolling and poking gently...my third was my most active and kicked a whole lot as well as rolled and flipped, and I found that they each did what resembled their personalities....my daughter ended up being full of personality, but at the same time can be a bit reserved at times too...my son ended up being very quiet and shy, and my other son is mr. outgoing and wants all eyes on him...now I am pregnant with baby number 4 and she kicks quite alot but shes not like any of my others, I ccan't wait to see what her personality is going to be like :)

TigressLily
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I felt that way around 30 weeks and for the rest of the 9.5 weeks of my pregnancy with my first and only so far. She seemed to never stop moving until the last couple of days and I knew it was just about time at that point because of it.

RhondaVeggie
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Mine was a ninja baby inside and she's only four days old but so far she's still a ninja who can already roll over and she grabs my boobs to position them for feeding; no mean feat considering I'm a DD.

When I was 24 weeks I told my midwife she was a little ninja and she just laughed at me until she put the Doppler on my belly and ninja baby kicked it. Total strangers were staring at my belly for weeks because it was constantly lurching from one side to the other. NSTs were a bundle of laughs, regularly took over an hour to cobble together enough strip for a twenty minute read and the nurse had to sit there the whole time chasing her with the heart monitor.
Megan11587
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:58 AM
That's normal. I'd be more worried if you weren't feeling the baby move.
1wildchild
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
It's normal. My last two kids were gymnasts in utero and are just as energetic now. This baby is probably going to be just like his older siblings, he's been active from really early.
jazzylady88
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM

this baby is very active too..i thought my 1st was but compared to this 1..no way...i think shes gunna keep us on our toes!

kaygarcia97
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM
My first was very chill but my second was wild. Now they are opposite
tanper29
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Every baby is different. Even in the womb. So i would say it is normal.
froggiebaby2010
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM

same with mine, i still have 4 weeks left till shes here, but shes a monster!!! when she was still able to actually kick she would leave visible bruises on my tummy, and now that shes head down and dropping everytime she moves im half expecting a little hand to pop out and wave hi, lol she refuses to let the doctor listen to her heart either, everytime he puts the doppler on her she kicks it constantly, and it takes him at least 10 mins to hear enough to determine her heartrate is good lol, shes stubborn as hell too, gonna b just like her daddy... i swear she plants both fet on my ribs and just kicks and pushes, sometimes so hard that i drop to my knees in pain and cant move till she does... and forget sleeping at night, thats when she kicks and flops the most to the point where i spend most of my night sitting up waiting for her to stop or walking around with my fingers crossed that the movement will put her to sleep even just long enough for me to sleep. but at least with her being so active i havent really had to worry about doing kick counts, she gets in 10 kicks in less than 10 mins at any given time, so i would notice right away if she wasnt moving as good

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Mine was a ninja baby inside and she's only four days old but so far she's still a ninja who can already roll over and she grabs my boobs to position them for feeding; no mean feat considering I'm a DD.

When I was 24 weeks I told my midwife she was a little ninja and she just laughed at me until she put the Doppler on my belly and ninja baby kicked it. Total strangers were staring at my belly for weeks because it was constantly lurching from one side to the other. NSTs were a bundle of laughs, regularly took over an hour to cobble together enough strip for a twenty minute read and the nurse had to sit there the whole time chasing her with the heart monitor.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN