Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is it happening?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I m 36 weeks. I have been having a lot of pressure in my pelvic area, and I can feel that my baby has dropped. I'm pretty sure her head has engaged too. I have also been having these sharp pains that I was told was the cervix thinning and her head pushing down on it, and I noticed the other day that I lost the "plug." Today I have been getting these really strong period like cramps. Like strong enough to make me stop what I am doing and need to sit down. They aren't coming at regular intervals, but they are really strong. Is labor happening now? Or is this just prelabor? This is my second child, but I had to be induced with my son due to preeclampsia. I have an appointment with my doctor, but it's not until Friday.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SuperMom2433
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I would honestly just take it as easy as possible and drink plenty of water. If the cramping gets worse or you start experiencing contractions 5 min apart I would give your doc a call.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:17 AM

It's so hard to know.  I would just keep an eye on the contractions.  You could call your care provider too to see what they think.  But, again, hard to know...whether its just prodromal labor or actual labor.  Good luck!!

EmmaZate
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I would say probably pre labor, and keep doing what your doing. Maybe go for a walk. It should make the cramps turn to full on contrax, and when you sit down and rest afterwards see what happens. Do they stop? Keep going? When they get to 4/5 min apart, call the doc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
punkymommy91
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I took my dog out for a quick walk, (it's snowing and starting to turn to ice, so I really don't want to walk outside.) And when I came in I had some cramping that seemed to go away when I sat down. I get some cramping when I sit, but it's mostly when I am standing. I'm going to call my doctors office if it starts getting any worse. But I haven't been feeling any actual contractions, (as in no tightening of my stomach). They did change my due date from the 5th to the 25th because they said my baby was on the small side, which didn't make sense to me, because the dates don't add up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)