Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

1 pound, 11 inches..

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 19 Replies

My friend just had her baby and she's 25 weeks. The baby girl was 1 pound, and 11 inches long. I haven't heard from her since. I was just wondering if anyone knew the chances of the baby making it? I looked at google, and its telling me several different things, not to mention that I would like to hear from actual people...

Thank you!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetgrlangel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I hope all the best for her, such a tragic thing.  Its most likely going to be touch and go for a long time, but I have heard of infants surviving.  Just look at Josie Dugger born at I think 26 weeks!   

If the unthinkable does happen, she is going to take your having a happy healthy baby very difficult, since hers died and yours lived.  she will think that its not fair and think she is being punished.............

I know that feeling she will have all to well, I lost my baby at 37 weeks just before birth due to cord issures.

1wildchild
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM

A friend of ours had her baby at 26 weeks and baby was 1 lb something in September 2011. Her baby girl did amazing and went home before her due date and is doing well today, but I don't know if that is the norm or not. I think they were just really lucky. I hope your friend's baby is strong and will do well. 

jbjb1024
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:49 PM
My niece was born at 1 pound 4 ounces. She is now a happy healthy 9 year old!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM

So sad and scary!

I don't know statistical chances, but babies have and do survive at that gestation.

Good thoughts and prayers to your friend for a smooth next few months.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Very slim but its fully possible! I have a friend who gave birth at 23wks, her daughter just turned 1 in Dec.  Lots of good thoughts to your friend and their baby!

clowery
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I hope the baby make it I've heard that baby's that small do make it good luck hope u hear from her soon and hopefully she will have a healthy baby girl.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it's 50/50 but a lot depends on her care, the capabilities of the facility she's at, if  the hospital she was delivered in had a NICU to take her directly too, the doctors and nurses and their attitude (how hard they are willing to fight for her or if they are nonchalant and easily give up), and most importantly her parents. Their prescence and visits and working with her helps a lot.

Good Luck to your friend and her little one.

Roe1993
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Thanks everyone!

CafeMom Tickers
yellownes8
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:27 PM
My friend had her baby at 25 weeks and she's almost 2 now and doing great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)