Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Lets see your car seat!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:51 PM
  • 42 Replies

What car seat are you going to be using for baby? Infant or convertible? Was there a reason you chose that specific seat?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM

We chose the Chicco Key Fit 30. The reviews on it are amazing. It has great safety ratings, it's supposedly the easiest infant seat to install, it fits TINY newborns as well as bigger babies really well and has a higher weight limit.

I chose the Elm print. Loving the green! I love the Discovery green as well but it only comes with a 22 lb. seat as a set. :(

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this

We use the infant seat until our babies sit up better. :)

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you used one before?

The install reviews do not do justice. It's VERY easy. Even unlatching to move the base to another vehicle is easy...I have a crazy hard time unlatching the Radians, lol.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

We chose the Chicco Key Fit 30. The reviews on it are amazing. It has great safety ratings, it's supposedly the easiest infant seat to install, it fits TINY newborns as well as bigger babies really well and has a higher weight limit.

I chose the Elm print. Loving the green! I love the Discovery green as well but it only comes with a 22 lb. seat as a set. :(

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I've not used it yet. I have heard GREAT things about it though! That makes me glad because that means that I don't have to worry if I go in someone else's car because it will just install easily without needing to buy a second base.

We have Radians and do not use the LATCH due to their LATCH failure which they refuse to acknowledge. Seat belt installs only over here.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

The install reviews do not do justice. It's VERY easy. Even unlatching to move the base to another vehicle is easy...I have a crazy hard time unlatching the Radians, lol.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM

This is our older dds. We switched her from her infant carrier to this myride 65 at a year. Our NB is using dd1 infant carseat now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM

We use the belts too, I should have said tether, lol. 

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I've not used it yet. I have heard GREAT things about it though! That makes me glad because that means that I don't have to worry if I go in someone else's car because it will just install easily without needing to buy a second base.

We have Radians and do not use the LATCH due to their LATCH failure which they refuse to acknowledge. Seat belt installs only over here.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

brightstar28
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM

This is the one we will be using.  My friend gave it to me.  She only used it a couple months for her boy and passed it along.  I have a friend who has the same one and she has used it for both her kids and loves it.  I hope I feel the same way!!

katie11908
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Here is the one we are getting Friday :) I love Chicco! I have owned a graco, evenflo, and chicco and will never use anything other than Chicco again!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
katie11908
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I also only install with belt i dont trust latches

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:27 PM

awww how sweet!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

We use the infant seat until our babies sit up better. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)