Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Which due date?!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 22 Replies

My due date is July 22nd according to my LMP, but a couple weeks ago I had an ultrasound at my OB's office and the tech said judging by the measurements of the baby that it came out to July 18th. My Dr didnt mention changing it and has said before that babies rarely come on their due dates anyway, which I know, and its only 4 days difference but Im still wondering....Which due date do u go by?! Ur LMP or the ultrasound!! My cycles were really regular before we even started trying but just wondering! Thanks! :)

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
your_angel
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Good question! The same thing happened to me and I've been going by my ultrasound one. Honestly only because it gets me closer to the big day lol. I can't be induced so it doesn't really matter when I go but obviously the closer I am the better! The difference between my dates is like 10 Days.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichaelsMom0711
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Yea thats why I have been wanting to use the u/s due date too! It gets me 4 days closer, not much but thats a half a week! And it makes sense to use that one cuz thats what size the baby is and where hes at in development! When r u due?

Quoting your_angel:

Good question! The same thing happened to me and I've been going by my ultrasound one. Honestly only because it gets me closer to the big day lol. I can't be induced so it doesn't really matter when I go but obviously the closer I am the better! The difference between my dates is like 10 Days.

RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM
If its an early ultrasound then you go by the ultrasound date because they are most accurate.. If its a late ultrasound like into 2nd trimester you would go by you LMP because measurements at that point become harder
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Go by the LMP due date.

emilyelephant
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

If the dr hasn't changed it, just go with what he/she says, it will be a lot easier to understand each other.  They usually don't change it unless it's at least a week off, my dr wouldn't change it unless it was 10 days off.

Edit: It may get you closer now, but if I had gone by my U/S date, I would have been 10 days overdue instead of 6! lol That part gets more depressing each day.

MamaSarah1104
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM
My OB says she only changes the date if its a week or more off. I'd go by lmp since its later, it's not like baby is going to magically appear on the due date anyways.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichaelsMom0711
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM

oh great then i think i can go by my ultrasound date, which i wanted to use because its 4 days sooner! I had the u/s at 12w 5d and another that i had at 9w 5d was also 3 or 4 days ahead so I guess that is the right one!

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

If its an early ultrasound then you go by the ultrasound date because they are most accurate.. If its a late ultrasound like into 2nd trimester you would go by you LMP because measurements at that point become harder

MichaelsMom0711
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:07 PM

thats very true! Being 10 days late would depress me come July!

Quoting emilyelephant:

If the dr hasn't changed it, just go with what he/she says, it will be a lot easier to understand each other.  They usually don't change it unless it's at least a week off, my dr wouldn't change it unless it was 10 days off.

Edit: It may get you closer now, but if I had gone by my U/S date, I would have been 10 days overdue instead of 6! lol That part gets more depressing each day.

MichaelsMom0711
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Lol, too bad it didnt work like that though! But thats basically what my Dr is saying too since its only a few days off

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

My OB says she only changes the date if its a week or more off. I'd go by lmp since its later, it's not like baby is going to magically appear on the due date anyways.

RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Yes go with the first ultrasound you had :) your doc will probably use that one to

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

oh great then i think i can go by my ultrasound date, which i wanted to use because its 4 days sooner! I had the u/s at 12w 5d and another that i had at 9w 5d was also 3 or 4 days ahead so I guess that is the right one!

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN