Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Charge your phone!! *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 13 Replies

This is kind of a rant because im pregnant and irritated. I watch a little boy during the week who has a mother who lets her phone die, or she turns it off or she wont check messages for like a week. Im trying to get ahold of her but thats the only number I have and I cant because her phone is off! 

IMO its a little irresponsible if thats your ONLY number. What if there was an emergency and I need to get ahold of you?!?! 

Ok rant over :)

** Ok so I FINALLY got ahold of her husband. Her mom was in town so I was trying to tell her that IF her mom wanted to keep her son for a few days, I wouldnt charge them. (Unless otherwise arranged or I tell her to keep him home, I get paid if he doesnt come.) He responded that they would probably take me up on the offer BUT he needed to ask his wife when she got home. I never heard from anyone so I got up at 5:30 this morning to recieve him like I always do and she didnt show and didnt call or txt. UGH :(

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ittyprincess604
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM

lol i agree with you! I watched my sisters girlfriends baby overnight and wasnt actually all that familiar with the kid, had only been around her a handful of times. Ran into some problems and tried to call my sister and her girlfriend ( the babies mother) and idk if they were ignoring me or had their phones off, but i was super irritated.

emilyelephant
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM

My boyfriend puts his phone on vibrate and never notices it's on.  I flipped out on him the other day because he texted me telling me to pick him and our daughter up, and he had fallen asleep with her and didn't answer, his friend's door was locked, no one could hear me knocking, and they're all people that frequently change their numbers so I didn't have up to date numbers for anyone.  I was freaking out.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Have you told her that she needs to be available to you? Sounds like you need to talk to her, if you can ever get ahold of her that is!

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:03 PM

yes Ive told her, nicely but ive told her. I think I need to press the urgency upon her a little more! 

Her mom is in town for the week so I was actually calling to tell her that if her mother wanted to keep her son home for a few extra days that I wouldnt charge her for those days. Her loss I guess but, thank god I didnt have an emergency!!!  The last time she did this, I was trying to get ahold of her because I had been vomitting the night before and wasnt sure if it was the flu and wanted to tell her to keep her son home. she drove all the way over here for me to tell her that I couldnt watch him. That should have been her lesson!

uoting Mrs.Andrews:

Have you told her that she needs to be available to you? Sounds like you need to talk to her, if you can ever get ahold of her that is!

CafeMom Tickers

FelixFelicis
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM

That is so irritating. That and people babysitting YOUR child and not answering their phone! Ugh!

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM

agreed!

Quoting FelixFelicis:

That is so irritating. That and people babysitting YOUR child and not answering their phone! Ugh!

CafeMom Tickers

AmericanChild82
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I HATE PARENTS LIKE THAT! I'd tell her when she comes to pick him up, either keep it charged and on or you can find yourself another sitter.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:48 AM

That's deff a bit irrisponsible. 

Erica_Smerica
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN