Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were givin the option...

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:42 PM
  • 67 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you or wouldn't you? Why?

Options:

Yes! The sooner the better!

Yes, but only if there was a medical reason!

No, natural is better!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 131

View Results

I was givin the option to be induced today. I am 39 weeks. Although I am NOT dilated effaced soft or anything. Baby is head down but, if I was to induce it would be a long painful process with unnecessary medication. He said though, next week (my edd) if I would like to be induced, I may...

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:46 PM
4 moms liked this

You could not PAY me to electively induce!!! Besides, the makers of Pitocin specifically say on the insert of their product that doctors are NOT supposed to use Pitocin for elective inductions! But, doctors do it everyday! : *( 

http://www.jhppharma.com/products/PI/June-11-2008/Pitocin-Full-Prescribing-Information.pdf

"IMPORTANT NOTICE

Elective induction of labor is defined as the initiation of labor in a pregnant individual who has no

medical indications for induction. Since the available data are inadequate to evaluate the benefits-torisks

considerations, Pitocin is not indicated for elective induction of labor."

Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I was also given the option to be induced today. I opted out because she simply isn't ready and I'm not going to rush her if there's no medical reason to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I was induced due to preeclampsia at 39 weeks. It was horrible. Induced tuesday evening, no progress til Thursday morning. Thursday afternoon I stalled at a 6cm and babys heart rate started dropping so it ended with a c section after almost 48 hours. I definitely would not CHOOSE to be induced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taurusmom88
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Wow. I didn't know that. Thanks for posting that. I would never want to be induced!

Quoting louzannalady:

You could not PAY me to electively induce!!! Besides, the makers of Pitocin specifically say on the insert of their product that doctors are NOT supposed to use Pitocin for elective inductions! But, doctors do it everyday! : *( 

http://www.jhppharma.com/products/PI/June-11-2008/Pitocin-Full-Prescribing-Information.pdf

"IMPORTANT NOTICE

Elective induction of labor is defined as the initiation of labor in a pregnant individual who has no

medical indications for induction. Since the available data are inadequate to evaluate the benefits-torisks

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:51 PM

You're welcome! 

Quoting taurusmom88:

Wow. I didn't know that. Thanks for posting that. I would never want to be induced!

Quoting louzannalady:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE

Denisethedaring
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I can't recommend induction unless you have a medical reason to do so--I did have one and still it was a disaster. :(   I ended up getting a c-section.

PresleyLove
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Unfortunately you had pre-eclampsia :( but my mother who is an an OB nurse said this is the most likely outcome of an induction placed on a woman whos cervix is just not ready.. And she would most likely end in a c-section. If I was to have done an induction, I too would probably end in a ceserean.

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

I was induced due to preeclampsia at 39 weeks. It was horrible. Induced tuesday evening, no progress til Thursday morning. Thursday afternoon I stalled at a 6cm and babys heart rate started dropping so it ended with a c section after almost 48 hours. I definitely would not CHOOSE to be induced.

PresleyLove
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I had NO idea about this!! Not that a doctor would regularly inform their patients I'm sure. But wow... WTH?

Quoting louzannalady:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE

swmmra
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I am actually inducing tomorrow, but I will be 40+3 and have had a struggle with BP (not consistent but a few times) and had a funly blood test at 15 weeks so my baby is being monitored a little more closely. I had the Dr check my Bishop score today because if induction wasn't favorable, I wasn't going to do it. But my Bishop score was high enough to be favorable and I am going to start my induction with breaking my water, not pitocin. 
If I were in your case, not "over due", not effaced or dilted at all, I would not induce.  

PresleyLove
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM
When are you due? I feel the same way for if there is no medical reason, why bother? My only fear is, what if I regret not doing it in time before there is a medical emergency I don't know about :(

Quoting Mrsfarr:

I was also given the option to be induced today. I opted out because she simply isn't ready and I'm not going to rush her if there's no medical reason to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured