Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Lower abdominal pain and constipation

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm having cramp like pain right below my stomach and having constipation. I've never been constipated before. Do these go hand in hand? What type of things have you done to relieve these symptoms?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Sounds like one problem may be causing the other.
Try drinking some water and eating something with a good amount of fiber in it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Have you had an ultrasound, yet? Have you guys confirmed that the baby placed in the uterus?

Jcouch99
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I haven't had an US yet, we have one scheduled in 4 weeks. My mom had an ectopic and the pain she described to me was much more sever than this, even from the start, and she's a pretty tough lady. It's been on my mind though.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM

*hug* When was the last time you pooped? Are you constipated, like haven't pooped in four days or you feel a lot of pressure like you need to have a bowel movement?

Quoting Jcouch99:

I haven't had an US yet, we have one scheduled in 4 weeks. My mom had an ectopic and the pain she described to me was much more sever than this, even from the start, and she's a pretty tough lady. It's been on my mind though.

pacificamom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Quoting louzannalady:

*hug* When was the last time you pooped? Are you constipated, like haven't pooped in four days or you feel a lot of pressure like you need to have a bowel movement?

Quoting Jcouch99:

CafeMom Tickers
newmom2be08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I am almost 26 weeks and super backed up. I took some Miralax tonight hoping it helps!
CafeMom Tickers
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:11 AM
If you drink prune juice and eat a bowl of Frosted Mimi Wheats, have a bowel movement and still have that pressure feeling, PLEASE go to the ER ASAP. Those were the symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy rupture I had in 2011. If you have a movement and feel normal afterward, I would chalk it up to the iron in your prenatals stopping you up. *huh* Best wishes! Please, update us when you get a chance!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Being constipated can cause cramps...so once you fix that problem the cramps will probably resolve as well

drink plenty of water, and I've heard good things about benefiber

Amycapl
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:37 AM

tons of water and up your intake of fruits, veggies and beans! just when you think you've had too much, havs more!!

avaana06
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Constipation is one of my biggest symptoms with pregnancy. I feel those crampy pains because of it. It is different than period cramps, and you know what its like when you have to go and its like rumbly. Gross to talk about, but yes, it happens! I had to use stool softeners every day for a while and drink tons of water. Also my morning coffee was a must. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN