Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

please pray my boy makes it. edit* edit* HES PERFECT!!

Posted by   + Show Post
I thought my induction would be fine, but after ten hours I.only only went from a 4 to a 5. The took me off meds, and then my babys heartbeat dropped from 130 to 30-40. The drs were running around crazy, the nurses were freaking out.. this is my first and I cannot imagine losing my boy. They got some food in me and gave me oxygen, and we are both stable now. Please pray for him. Please pray for my boy makes it. Screw how I feel, please pray for my son to make it thru this. They are coming back at 8 am to kickstart labor once more. I am terrified.

** hateful comments have been removed, thank you admin.

*** Gages heart is looking much better this morning, and I have started to dilate on my own. Hopefully, we will continue to progress with labor and not have to resort a c-section. I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate your kind words and prayers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

***HE'S HERE!! he came last night at 1057, weighed in.at 8lbs2oz and 20 inches!! I cannot be happier. I have ny healthy baby boy. It was the scariest thing I can ever imagine. His heartbeat dropped while I was giving birth, and the cord was wrapped around his neck. Luckily my doctors were saints and id what needed to.be done for me to have my son. It was the best moment of my life hearing his little cry. I cannot describe how much your love and support has helped me thru this. I know those of you with kind words have good karma coming your way because I don't know what I would have done without your prayers helping us thru!! I'll post a picture on another post, I can't figure out how to here.

<3
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
Beenhereforever
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
You will be ok, and so will your little boy. Try to rest . Tomorrow you will be meeting the most important man in your life. Please update us
armyslpbaby
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Lots of prayers your way!
Xanbuttsmom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this
And this is why they need to pass that law against inducing.

I hope yall are ok
lucky2785
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:53 AM
I went through the same thing. They started pitocin at 7am on Wed my DD wasn't born till 11:11pm Thursday night. It was RIDICULOUS. then the Dr came in the next morning said she was writing it in my chart that any subsequent pregnancies be csection when i was begging for a. Csection..
wife2jeff
by Joy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Not all inductions end poorly. I've had two and they were the easiest labor and deliveries.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

I hope yall are ok
wife2jeff
by Joy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Praying for you hun. Sorry to hear things are crazy right now. Hugs!
Xanbuttsmom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:25 AM
2 moms liked this
That may be, but I still strongly feel that the law needs to be passed.

I was induced after i was already in labor. For no reason at all. Son came quick and easy and is perfectly healthy.

I was uneducated and uninformed. I will never let a drop of pitocin near my veins again. It is overused and most women are completely unaware of the dangers.

Quoting wife2jeff:

Not all inductions end poorly. I've had two and they were the easiest labor and deliveries.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

I hope yall are ok
Darlene06
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:27 AM
You and your family will be in my prayers
wife2jeff
by Joy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:33 AM
As a nursing student, pitocin is typically given to get the labor moving if your labor is not progressing. So, I can see why they would have given you pitocin to keep your labor moving along. I agree that some women react adversely to pitocin though. It sounds like you had a positive experience:).

I was speaking more to being induced while not in labor. I had cervadil to start labor with one and cytotec to start labor labor with the other. Then pitocin was used to regulate my contractions. What most people don't understand, is that medical providers are constantly weighing the risks vs benefits of anything that isn't "natural". Childbirth is no exception. If a provider leapt at the chance to induce just because a patient turned 40 weeks I would run the other way. However, there are risks associated, to mother and baby, once a woman reaches her 41-42 week. At this time, induction should be considered a medical necessity. (My aunt lost her baby due to a still birth at 42 weeks. The placenta starts to deteriorate around this time).

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

I was induced after i was already in labor. For no reason at all. Son came quick and easy and is perfectly healthy.

I was uneducated and uninformed. I will never let a drop of pitocin near my veins again. It is overused and most women are completely unaware of the dangers.

Quoting wife2jeff:

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

I hope yall are ok
Xanbuttsmom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:46 AM
My labor was progressing just fine. I was dilated 4 cm when he ordered it. I went from 3 to 4 in like 3 hrs then I went from 4 to complete in 5 hrs. It was unnecessary. I just didn't know anything about it or I would have refused. It wasn't until I got pregnant again that I did research. Im not even having the baby in the hospital this time.

My bff went into labor at 36 weeks, she was also in active labor and her doctor pushed pitocin. My problem with it is how common its used. Especially when it isn't necessary. I just wish more women would refuse it and let things happen naturally, but that's a pipe dream. All I can do is worry about myself.

Quoting wife2jeff:

As a nursing student, pitocin is typically given to get the labor moving if your labor is not progressing. So, I can see why they would have given you pitocin to keep your labor moving along. I agree that some women react adversely to pitocin though. It sounds like you had a positive experience:).

I was speaking more to being induced while not in labor. I had cervadil to start labor with one and cytotec to start labor labor with the other. Then pitocin was used to regulate my contractions. What most people don't understand, is that medical providers are constantly weighing the risks vs benefits of anything that isn't "natural". Childbirth is no exception. If a provider leapt at the chance to induce just because a patient turned 40 weeks I would run the other way. However, there are risks associated, to mother and baby, once a woman reaches her 41-42 week. At this time, induction should be considered a medical necessity. (My aunt lost her baby due to a still birth at 42 weeks. The placenta starts to deteriorate around this time).

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Quoting wife2jeff:

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

I hope yall are ok
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)