Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

37 week appt should i worry? (piog)

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:19 AM
  • 8 Replies
Well went today and discovered I've lost 5 pounds since my last visit and my midwife is concerned. I'm also measuring two weeks behind now so i got my cervix checked out of curiosity. I'm dilated to a four and she thinks i could deliver this week but I'm worried now about babies growth. I've got another appointment next week to see if anything changes. Should i be concerned about this? I've measured ahead all the way up until 35 weeks. Now i haven't changed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Astrachanca
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Maybe the baby has dropped? Think that would affect those measurements they do. Also I've read weight loss can be normal the last month or two... We can't eat as much and our appetite can drop!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:25 AM

How much had you gained prior?
And were you heavy or normal or underweight pre-pregnancy?

Did your MW explain that often women do lose weight before labor?

kelly617
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:35 AM

It could be the baby's position
If your little one dropped and is head down he/she wont' measure correctly

Good luck
don't be too stressed...my doctor said you can walk around dilated to 3 or 4 for a few weeks so you could still make it to 40wks :)

clz0213
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:39 AM
I was normal. I gained about 25 pounds total which my midwife said was optimal. She didn't say anything about women losing weight before labor.

Quoting doulala:

How much had you gained prior?
And were you heavy or normal or underweight pre-pregnancy?

Did your MW explain that often women do lose weight before labor?

clz0213
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Yeah baby is very low now and head down but she's been that way for awhile. I know i can walk around dilated for awhile. I'm not that concerned about going into labor this week. More that she's stopped growing or something.

Quoting kelly617:

It could be the baby's position
If your little one dropped and is head down he/she wont' measure correctly

Good luck
don't be too stressed...my doctor said you can walk around dilated to 3 or 4 for a few weeks so you could still make it to 40wks :)

Mariah-1987
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:47 AM
With my first dd I lost 8lbs in the last month before I had her. She still was 8lbs 8oz and healthy as can be.
momma4xover
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

My cousin lost weight through the entire last pregnancy... like 25 lbs total and then birthed a 10 lb boy. I wouldn't worry! I lost weight this pregnancy and they are not concerned at all... though I am overweight right now. Just relax, stressing will make it worse!

Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I was 4cm dilated for five weeks. Dilation has no bearing on when labor will start. If it does though, you're pretty much in the clear so don't worry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN