Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Natural and csection

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:33 AM
  • 14 Replies
First was a natural. second wound up being an emergency csection. im 26 weeks with number 3 and am terrified of another csection. my doctor said if i go into labor on my own i have more of a chance to do it naturally. . . why? and the only reason i had one to begin with was because they said the baby was too big. smh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cynthje
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Induced labor ups your chances of having serious negative side effects and it ending in another section. Induction is not adviced for VBAC moms at all. 

Im sorry you had a section for a suspected larger baby, how big was the baby when it was born?

lulu_tattoos
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Trying to force your body to do something it isn't ready to do usually doesn't work out very well. That's why so many inductions lead to "emergency" c-sections.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmybaby1105
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Hi me and u have the same issue. I was natural with my first then had a planned csection. The reason big baby. I was clueless. Ive done as much research as I can on vbac and risks. There is a group on cm called vbac moms. They have good info and u also have to find a provider that is willing to do a vbac and a hospital that allows vbac. Gl u r welcome to message me if u have any questions

Quoting LaLa_Ivory:

First was a natural. second wound up being an emergency csection. im 26 weeks with number 3 and am terrified of another csection. my doctor said if i go into labor on my own i have more of a chance to do it naturally. . . why? and the only reason i had one to begin with was because they said the baby was too big. smh.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LaLa_Ivory
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I've never been induced. went into labor on my own with both of my kids. my daughter was only 9.6lbs. i'd never opt for an induction, and i'd never accept one if offered.

Quoting lulu_tattoos:

Trying to force your body to do something it isn't ready to do usually doesn't work out very well. That's why so many inductions lead to "emergency" c-sections.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaLa_Ivory
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Luckily my doctor is for it and the hospital is for vbac too. so i'm hoping it goes my way this time!

Quoting lovinmybaby1105:

Hi me and u have the same issue. I was natural with my first then had a planned csection. The reason big baby. I was clueless. Ive done as much research as I can on vbac and risks. There is a group on cm called vbac moms. They have good info and u also have to find a provider that is willing to do a vbac and a hospital that allows vbac. Gl u r welcome to message me if u have any questions

Quoting LaLa_Ivory:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I had a c section with my first at 34 weeks because of preeclampias. Now I'm starting to have the same problems and they told me my son will be here in 2 weeks. As of right now I will be induce with pain meds and a VBAC but if they feel it's too riskey to do a VBAC with me having the preeclampias or there is something wrong with my son they will do a c section. I'm not sure when I will go to the hosptail it maybe Friday or Monday after my non stres test and once I get to 37 weeks they will to another ultrasound to see how big my son is and where I can a VBAC or go for another c section.

LaLa_Ivory
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM
9.6lbs. *sigh*

Quoting Cynthje:

Induced labor ups your chances of having serious negative side effects and it ending in another section. Induction is not adviced for VBAC moms at all. 

Im sorry you had a section for a suspected larger baby, how big was the baby when it was born?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cynthje
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I know many women who birthed babies that size and much larger naturally, there is no way to predict who can birth whatever size baby, some of the women were tiny :( im sorry momma...even acog advices against sections for suspected larger babies

Quoting LaLa_Ivory:

9.6lbs. *sigh*

Quoting Cynthje:

Throughout the world, there exists a group of women who feel mightily drawn to giving care to women in childbirth. At the same time maternal and independent, responsive to a mother's needs, yet accepting full responsibility as her attendant; such women are natural midwives. Without the presence and acceptance of the midwife, obstetrics becomes aggressive, technical, and inhuman.

Professor G.J. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam

lovinmybaby1105
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Your not really getting a answer to your question of "why is going into labor on my own better my chance of a vbac" huh. Sorry. Heres what I have read. When going into labor on ur own its a slow start. Your body doesnt get a jolt(shock) to the system and can go at its own pace. When being induced my any type of meds its speeding up the processing and forceing the body into labor, which can cause to the unborn baby and fetal stress and stress to the mother. Any stress on both mother/baby and they will push and push for a csection. I hope this helps and I explained it enough for ya to understand. Have u thought about looking into a doula and maybe birthing classes?

Quoting LaLa_Ivory:

Luckily my doctor is for it and the hospital is for vbac too. so i'm hoping it goes my way this time!

Quoting lovinmybaby1105:

Quoting LaLa_Ivory:

KatieGirls2
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:53 PM
My friend just had an almost 12 lb baby naturally no problem. And she is on the small side. I wish doctors would give us women a little more credit lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)