Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Help!! 25 weeks and having cramps/contractions

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 5 Replies

I'm 25 weeks with my 3rd child and I'm having sharp pains across my incision from my two previous c-sections. I don't know if they're just cramps or if they are contractions. It's honestly so painful that it's taking my breath. It's mostly after I've been sitting and then stand up or if I'm bending down to do something. It's scaring me a little. Any ideas...?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
EmmaKatesMom902
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Bump...anyone??

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Are they timeable or only when you are getting up? I get that too, but it's just ligaments. Try moving slower when you get up. Also, chug water just in case that's part of it. Feel better!

Your scar could also be tender since your belly is growing. I had a c-section 7 years ago and mine has gotten tender at times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlinsmom09
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Im 26 weeks pregnant with #3 after 2 sections. Ive been feeling a similar pain especially if ive done too much that day. I think its just everything stretching around in there. My scar area has always been super sensitive.

I had the same type of pain with my last baby but it was more towrd the end of my pregnancy.

If its making you really nervous call the doc and definately go in if there is any blood.

Rest and water seem to help me. Goodluck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmmaKatesMom902
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:38 AM

The nurse called back and said it probably was just the stretching. Anything worries me though! Thanks yall!

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Drink a lot, i mean a lot of water and kay on your left side for 30 minutes. You can also take a tylenol. If nothing changes call your dr
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)