Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How do you find out a dr's c-section rate

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 4 Replies

We recently moved to my home state of ky and now I am needing to find a obgyn ormidwife. The thing is how do I find out a dr's c-section rate ? Do I just ask them and then trust whatever they say or what ? Also I heard that here in the state of Ky that it is illegal to have a home birth. Is that true ? I have so many friends and ALL OF THEM HAD TO HAVE C-SECTIONS!!!. This is my 3rd baby and I don't want to start in on the c-sections if at all possible. I really really really want to have a birth that is an intervention free as possible.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
incheck4real
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:15 PM

BUMP!

greentealover18
by Kait on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:21 PM
I'm in Florida, but when I was looking for an OB I went to my hospitals website & they had profiles on all of the drs. good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
incheck4real
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM

BUMP!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I think Ky has a higher rate.
No it's not illegal to have a homebirth, might be illegal to hire certain types of attendants though.

Who we hire for our maternity care can be our greatest risk factor so it's wise to hire the Right person!  ;-)

I think you can search rates when you have names/hospitals.
Do you need an OB?    If not, it would be nice to avoid the general increased risks that come with hiring a high-risk doctor/surgeon for a normal birth.

;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)