Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh great, and they begin...

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM
  • 5 Replies

Irritable contractions.  I have had some here and there, but not the rhythmic regular ones.  They are different then Braxton Hicks.  They hurt, can cause dilation, and are much more frequent then BRaxton hicks.  With all my other pregnancies, they start getting regularly around 32-33 weeks.  Well, we are at that point.  Today since about 6, they have been about 3-5 min apart.  So far, its not doing anything to my cervix.  My first three pregnancies they put me on terbutaline thinking it was preterm labor. Last two we did not, and I didnt' deliver till 39 weeks (delivered 39 weeks with all of them)... its just a pain.  They hurt, and they catch my breath, and I have to stop moving because I can't walk through them... So.. it starts, me doing things in tiny bursts before that next 30 second contraction stops me in my tracks.  Its just annoying and draining more then anything.  And I'm sure it means that at my appt tomorrow that they will be checking my cervix.. Little miss doesn't help this process being in an odd position and kicking through each contraction.  

anyone else dealing with an irritable uterus/irritable contractions?  Any tips to calm things down.  I havent' really been able to find anything that works in my last pregnancies.  

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GabeAiyAra
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM
i hated them! i had contractions in my last (4th) pregnancy from 12 weeks on. & near the end it was all day everyday, 2-3 min apart! :( miserable. never did nethn. josh was 10 lbs 3 oz so he was csection like all the rest bt i jus so badly wanted him out! haha.

how many kids u got???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:42 AM
I have five kiddos, this baby will make six. We did this with every pregancy.. but didnt figure out what it was till number four.

Quoting GabeAiyAra:

i hated them! i had contractions in my last (4th) pregnancy from 12 weeks on. & near the end it was all day everyday, 2-3 min apart! :( miserable. never did nethn. josh was 10 lbs 3 oz so he was csection like all the rest bt i jus so badly wanted him out! haha.

how many kids u got???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabeAiyAra
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:43 AM
my gooooodness! people say im nuts for havin 4! haha. but mine are 4, 2, 1 & 2months. haha. best of luck mama! :)

Quoting daughteroftruth:

I have five kiddos, this baby will make six. We did this with every pregancy.. but didnt figure out what it was till number four.

Quoting GabeAiyAra:

how many kids u got???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Astrachanca
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:24 AM
This is my first pregnancy and I've had an irritable uterus for sure. I started getting or feeling braxton hicks very early at around 12 weeks. They've gotten progressively worse or more frequent. They tend to get closer together at night, often 2-5 mins apart for up to two hours. I've really found no cure but I do know that they were much worse when I had a slight yeast infection. I took the oral medication for three days and since that's cleared up, they don't act up quite as much. (Although last night as I was trying to sleep, I had another horrible episode). I also notice that when my little man is more active, they seem to get more frequent. when my bladder is full, when I drink hot tea, when I have more gas than normal or constipation... They are worse. Over the past two or three weeks, I've started to drink lots more water at night and I mix it with Gatorade. I swear that the sports drink helps a little bit! I don't know, I'm pretty desperate for relief as well! I'm now 37 weeks along and ready for this little one to come. Question for you... Did all these 'practice' contractions make your labor any easier? Or were your real contractions even worse? I'm starting to get the jitters about labor and delivery! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2kids306
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:31 AM
With dd they started at 6 months with my son they came at 7 months I was on terbutaline and procardia with both of them I'm 17 weeks 4 days and already getting Braxton hicks so I know preterm labor will be early again with this pregnancy at 20 weeks i will start progesterone shots in my hip every weeks to prevent pre term labor lets hope they work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured