Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Heartbeat

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
Today's my appointment to hear the heartbeat with a Doppler :) we've seen the HB via u/s but today's the day I'll hear that heavenly sound!!! :)

So sad though because my husband can't make it. :( he's working 12 hrs out of town. Oh well. Life goes on!

I'm so excited.

He'll be doing my pap n stuff today too. Blahhh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM
gl how far are you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll be 9 weeks Friday.

Quoting Autumn19:

gl how far are you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Don't forget to record it on your hone so he can hear it. I did that for my hubby. E had to miss one appointment so I recorded it and text it to him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Good thinking!! :)

Quoting nirvana78028:

Don't forget to record it on your hone so he can hear it. I did that for my hubby. E had to miss one appointment so I recorded it and text it to him.

The most wonderful thing I decided to do... was to share my life and heart with you.<3

baby
 BabyFruit Ticker

Hafsa1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:55 AM
They won't do the doppler until 12 weeks for me :( said that it's too hard to find that young, and still behind the hairline. I did get to see the hb on the u/s though :) dh is going to try to be at the 12 week appt for the 3rd u/s...but probably won't go to the regular ob appt afterwards for the doppler which is fine :)

I hope I you get to hear it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:55 AM

9 weeks and already having an us and using doppler on you? My ob's have always told me they don't like to use the doppler before 10 weeks, minimum, i've heard this from others too. You're lucky.

amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM

It's because I've been having bleeding. I wish we were waiting for the normal time frames for u/s and doppler if it meant not dealing with the bleeding. 

My dr said it's going to be hard to hear but he'll tip my uterus upright (I have a tipped uterus) if it means being able to hear it. He said once you hear it on the doppler you have less than 1% chance at miscarrying and I think he wants to calm my nerves. But I heard the HB with my other two at 10 weeks so hopefully we'll be able to hear it today!

Quoting AmyL3469:

9 weeks and already having an us and using doppler on you? My ob's have always told me they don't like to use the doppler before 10 weeks, minimum, i've heard this from others too. You're lucky.

The most wonderful thing I decided to do... was to share my life and heart with you.<3

baby
 BabyFruit Ticker

amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Thanks! Normally that's when he does it too, at 12 weeks but I've been having problems with bleeding so I think he's just wanting to get it done and over with. He said that once you hear the hb with the doppler you have less than 1% chance at m/c. But in my previous pregnancies we heard the hb at 10 weeks too so I'm hoping well be able to do the same at a week early. 

Quoting Hafsa1:

They won't do the doppler until 12 weeks for me :( said that it's too hard to find that young, and still behind the hairline. I did get to see the hb on the u/s though :) dh is going to try to be at the 12 week appt for the 3rd u/s...but probably won't go to the regular ob appt afterwards for the doppler which is fine :)

I hope I you get to hear it!

baby
 BabyFruit Ticker

avaana06
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Mine was yesterday @ 12 weeks. All went well and we announced the pregnancy last night. I had to have a pap too and breast exam. Heartbeat was at 160.

How did yours go?

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Enjoy!! Record it on you cell phone so DH can hear it!! How far along are you??? I have a home doppler so I can't wait for Hubby, the kids, and I to hear. I know it will probably be 8wks or so before we can though :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)