Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ultrasound pic question.....

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this

I posted my u/s pics already that I had done this past Saturday. We were so happy to hear its a boy! I went to a 3D u/s place cuz I couldnt wait for the 20 week scan at my Dr's office to find out! Anyway, I was 14w5d I think according to due date by LMP (turned 15 weeks exactly Monday, had u/s Saturday afternoon) OR 15w 2d going by the due date by measurments of my last u/s at my OB's office a couple weeks ago. So anyway, its clearly boy parts to us AND the u/s tech, she even had us guess and I asked a couple times if shes sure cuz 15 weeks is the earliest they do the gender check, she explained if its a girl nub then the penis part would be there (obviously) and pointed that out too. The only reason i want to post and ask if u ladies think its accurate that its a boy is cuz ive seen a couple others in my due date group that were told boy right around 15 weeks or so and they wanted girls so they are saying their pics could be a girl nub and still thinking 15 w is too early. and a girl i work with said be careful its not the umbelical cord, i think the cord would be much bigger and a certified u/s tech would be able to tell the difference between a penis and a cord! I just want to be sure cuz I am so happy to have another boy and dont like doubt coming up cuz of other people!! Please see the pic and let me know what u think!! AND I also went so early cuz this 3d place posts their accuracy on their website, they are able to FIND the gender 91% of the time at 15 w and are RIGHT 99% of the time and plus the u/s tech at my OB's office said 15 or 16 weeks is actually the perfect time to tell gender, he just cant do u/s unless ordered by the Drs. thanks for reading! :)  Its a potty shot by the way! :)

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I had mine with ds at 25weeks and DD at 19weeks so I'm not positve what one so early would look like... but looks like a boy to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichaelsMom0711
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:16 PM

yea i think its pretty obvious but when this girl brought up the umbelical cord it worried me! But u know how people can be when they see u happy about something! I doubt a tech would mistake the cord for the boy parts in several different views, but still! I want to be sure!! :)

Quoting lilmama8408:

I had mine with ds at 25weeks and DD at 19weeks so I'm not positve what one so early would look like... but looks like a boy to me.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

At 15 weeks, the parts still look a lot alike. Too early to tell. You'd be amazed at what changes in a week or two.

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Quoting Pandapanda:

At 15 weeks, the parts still look a lot alike. Too early to tell. You'd be amazed at what changes in a week or two.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tjane3000
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM
That's definitely a boy. 15wks is not too early.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xLilBit22
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM
I say boy.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

13 week old fetus (15 weeks gestation)
(fetus size = 
3.5 inch, 90 mm)

17 week old fetus (19 weeks gestation)
(fetus size = 
5.9 inch, 150 mm)

week13 female
1. Anus 
2. Buttocks 
3. Clitoris 
4. Labia majora [Large lips]
7. Labia minora [Small lips]
6. Legs
week17 female
Girl 

Girl

Quoting tjane3000:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
tjane3000
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't ask for you input. Unless you are a u/s tech or have MD after your name your input and "links" mean nothing to me.

Quoting Pandapanda:

(fetus size = 
3.5 inch, 90 mm)

(fetus size = 
5.9 inch, 150 mm)

week13 female
1. Anus 
2. Buttocks 
3. Clitoris 
6. Legs
week17 female
Girl 

Girl

Quoting tjane3000:

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Lol. So agressive :) Someone needs a nap I think. 

(Btw- Medical student here, also married to a certified/licensed ultrasound technician.)

Quoting tjane3000:

I didn't ask for you input. Unless you are a u/s tech or have MD after your name your input and "links" mean nothing to me.

Quoting Pandapanda:

(fetus size = 
3.5 inch, 90 mm)

(fetus size = 
5.9 inch, 150 mm)

week13 female
1. Anus 
2. Buttocks 
3. Clitoris 
6. Legs
week17 female
Girl 

Girl

Quoting tjane3000:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
MichaelsMom0711
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I thought it was early at first too but then I read that the little girl nubs were just about gone at that point and if I have heard of mistakes its usually saying girl but the baby being a boy, not the other way around! And the tech at the 3D place said theres a couple certain views that they can mistake the girls but they dont use those views anymore til ur past 20 weeks. and the tech that does the u/s at my Dr's office even thinks 15 or 16 weeks is a good time to find out, i just hate when people make me doubt stuff like that! lol 

Quoting tjane3000:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN