Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ultrasound pic question.....

I posted my u/s pics already that I had done this past Saturday. We were so happy to hear its a boy! I went to a 3D u/s place cuz I couldnt wait for the 20 week scan at my Dr's office to find out! Anyway, I was 14w5d I think according to due date by LMP (turned 15 weeks exactly Monday, had u/s Saturday afternoon) OR 15w 2d going by the due date by measurments of my last u/s at my OB's office a couple weeks ago. So anyway, its clearly boy parts to us AND the u/s tech, she even had us guess and I asked a couple times if shes sure cuz 15 weeks is the earliest they do the gender check, she explained if its a girl nub then the penis part would be there (obviously) and pointed that out too. The only reason i want to post and ask if u ladies think its accurate that its a boy is cuz ive seen a couple others in my due date group that were told boy right around 15 weeks or so and they wanted girls so they are saying their pics could be a girl nub and still thinking 15 w is too early. and a girl i work with said be careful its not the umbelical cord, i think the cord would be much bigger and a certified u/s tech would be able to tell the difference between a penis and a cord! I just want to be sure cuz I am so happy to have another boy and dont like doubt coming up cuz of other people!! Please see the pic and let me know what u think!! AND I also went so early cuz this 3d place posts their accuracy on their website, they are able to FIND the gender 91% of the time at 15 w and are RIGHT 99% of the time and plus the u/s tech at my OB's office said 15 or 16 weeks is actually the perfect time to tell gender, he just cant do u/s unless ordered by the Drs. thanks for reading! :)  Its a potty shot by the way! :)

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
ahawkins
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I agree mine kinda looked like this too, but at my 13 weeks u/s tech said she has a strong feeling its a girl and is an excellent tech.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Oh yah, I understand! 

Personally, I'm hesitant because my son's us at 20 weeks was solid (penis and the other bits one solid white space)- what should eb the sctorum on yours looks suspiciously like 2 lines/dots. I've been looking at it over and over, lol! 

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

I actually went on this site to see the boy pics too so thanks for the link! I didnt come across this site when i googled this! But see the 15 week gestation pic here of the baby girl, it is the "potty shot" view like my pic only obviously mine is a 2D ultrasound, not an actual clear photo like these, so it makes sense to say if they did an u/s of this baby girl at this same view u actually WOULDN'T be able to see the nub in the black and white 2D u/s. , I think it would look pretty flat wouldn't it?? And I have always heard there r 3 lines on girls too. That may be why my tech at my 3D place said there were certain views that they could mistake girls for boys early on but they don't use those views anymore. In my little one's pic its pretty clear that theres a little sack and something sticking up from there and it was even clearer on the live u/s screen, that's where she explained when i asked if she was really sure, the little top of the penis wouldn't be there if it was a girl. Not saying it to argue with ur opinion but do u know what I mean about the view being the exact same shot and if this baby was on u/s we wouldn't see her nub from this view, at least not in the 2D black and white?? Thanks again for posting this and I saw u said ur a med student...get ready for annoying patients with a million and one questions like me! Lol, I can definitely help u prepare for that part! I think sometimes with both pregnancies I drive my DR crazy!! Lol!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichaelsMom0711
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I know what u mean, plus this pic is kind of pixely or something, even the typed letters at the top look fuzzy on the one i have saved on my computer! It does look like 2 dots or circles kind of with another little dot on top which she pointed out was the penis. even his little legs dont look solid white yet, and the other views look the same, maybe because how their skin is still so transparent right now?? I mean all over the body, not just that area!??

Quoting Pandapanda:

Oh yah, I understand! 

Personally, I'm hesitant because my son's us at 20 weeks was solid (penis and the other bits one solid white space)- what should eb the sctorum on yours looks suspiciously like 2 lines/dots. I've been looking at it over and over, lol! 

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

I actually went on this site to see the boy pics too so thanks for the link! I didnt come across this site when i googled this! But see the 15 week gestation pic here of the baby girl, it is the "potty shot" view like my pic only obviously mine is a 2D ultrasound, not an actual clear photo like these, so it makes sense to say if they did an u/s of this baby girl at this same view u actually WOULDN'T be able to see the nub in the black and white 2D u/s. , I think it would look pretty flat wouldn't it?? And I have always heard there r 3 lines on girls too. That may be why my tech at my 3D place said there were certain views that they could mistake girls for boys early on but they don't use those views anymore. In my little one's pic its pretty clear that theres a little sack and something sticking up from there and it was even clearer on the live u/s screen, that's where she explained when i asked if she was really sure, the little top of the penis wouldn't be there if it was a girl. Not saying it to argue with ur opinion but do u know what I mean about the view being the exact same shot and if this baby was on u/s we wouldn't see her nub from this view, at least not in the 2D black and white?? Thanks again for posting this and I saw u said ur a med student...get ready for annoying patients with a million and one questions like me! Lol, I can definitely help u prepare for that part! I think sometimes with both pregnancies I drive my DR crazy!! Lol!

MichaelsMom0711
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Oh yea, u posted it in our due date group right? Didnt ur pic show the 3 lines pretty clearly though?

Quoting ahawkins:

I agree mine kinda looked like this too, but at my 13 weeks u/s tech said she has a strong feeling its a girl and is an excellent tech.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Oh yah, I understand! 

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

jbjb1024
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM
I thought she posted this for help with her ultrasound?! Am I confused?!

Nice response by the way!!

Quoting Pandapanda:

Lol. So agressive :) Someone needs a nap I think. 

(Btw- Medical student here, also married to a certified/licensed ultrasound technician.)

Quoting tjane3000:

I didn't ask for you input. Unless you are a u/s tech or have MD after your name your input and "links" mean nothing to me.

Quoting Pandapanda:

http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

13 week old fetus (15 weeks gestation)
(fetus size = 
3.5 inch, 90 mm)

17 week old fetus (19 weeks gestation)
(fetus size = 
5.9 inch, 150 mm)

week13 female
1. Anus 
2. Buttocks 
3. Clitoris 
4. Labia majora [Large lips]
7. Labia minora [Small lips]
6. Legs
week17 female
Girl 

Girl

Quoting tjane3000:

That's definitely a boy. 15wks is not too early.

Peytonsmommy310
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Mobile Photo

My 2nd boy at 14 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ahawkins
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Yeah but there was a tiny nub kinda like yours the tech that did mine said it could be a swollen girly part just like in the picture pp added on here ....hence the reason I still have no clue. Lol I will let you know on the 8th if i have a girl or boy. I hope yours is truly a boy :)

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Oh yea, u posted it in our due date group right? Didnt ur pic show the 3 lines pretty clearly though?

Quoting ahawkins:

Quoting Pandapanda:

Oh yah, I understand! 

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

ahawkins
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Oh and we had a different angle too...
MichaelsMom0711
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Im the one who posted this but that wasnt me who said this comment to her! I was/am asking for her input! And anyone else's!! lol

Quoting jbjb1024:

I thought she posted this for help with her ultrasound?! Am I confused?!

Nice response by the way!!

Quoting Pandapanda:

Lol. So agressive :) Someone needs a nap I think. 

(Btw- Medical student here, also married to a certified/licensed ultrasound technician.)

Quoting tjane3000:

I didn't ask for you input. Unless you are a u/s tech or have MD after your name your input and "links" mean nothing to me.

Quoting Pandapanda:

(fetus size = 
3.5 inch, 90 mm)

(fetus size = 
5.9 inch, 150 mm)

week13 female
1. Anus 
2. Buttocks 
3. Clitoris 
6. Legs
week17 female
Girl  

Girl

Quoting tjane3000:

Mrs.wilcox01
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM
wow...I didn't know this was your post. She is right. I was told boy but two weeks before delivery I found out he was a she.

Quoting tjane3000:

Quoting Pandapanda:

(fetus size = 
3.5 inch, 90 mm)

(fetus size = 
5.9 inch, 150 mm)

week13 female
1. Anus 
2. Buttocks 
3. Clitoris 
6. Legs
week17 female
Girl 

Girl

Quoting tjane3000:

echupko
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Looks boy to me!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN