Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ultrasound pic question.....

I posted my u/s pics already that I had done this past Saturday. We were so happy to hear its a boy! I went to a 3D u/s place cuz I couldnt wait for the 20 week scan at my Dr's office to find out! Anyway, I was 14w5d I think according to due date by LMP (turned 15 weeks exactly Monday, had u/s Saturday afternoon) OR 15w 2d going by the due date by measurments of my last u/s at my OB's office a couple weeks ago. So anyway, its clearly boy parts to us AND the u/s tech, she even had us guess and I asked a couple times if shes sure cuz 15 weeks is the earliest they do the gender check, she explained if its a girl nub then the penis part would be there (obviously) and pointed that out too. The only reason i want to post and ask if u ladies think its accurate that its a boy is cuz ive seen a couple others in my due date group that were told boy right around 15 weeks or so and they wanted girls so they are saying their pics could be a girl nub and still thinking 15 w is too early. and a girl i work with said be careful its not the umbelical cord, i think the cord would be much bigger and a certified u/s tech would be able to tell the difference between a penis and a cord! I just want to be sure cuz I am so happy to have another boy and dont like doubt coming up cuz of other people!! Please see the pic and let me know what u think!! AND I also went so early cuz this 3d place posts their accuracy on their website, they are able to FIND the gender 91% of the time at 15 w and are RIGHT 99% of the time and plus the u/s tech at my OB's office said 15 or 16 weeks is actually the perfect time to tell gender, he just cant do u/s unless ordered by the Drs. thanks for reading! :)  Its a potty shot by the way! :)

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM
It was me, and I wasn't asking a question, that's why I got an attitude. All I did was say that I didn't think it was too early and that it looked like a boy to me. It seems every time someone doesn't like somebody else's answer they always post some link to make a point and I didn't need a biology lesson I was simply stating my opinion to help.

Quoting jbjb1024:

Ok, I just saw that! I'm sorry. How did the post turn into someone's else's question and that other person get an attitude!? Lol

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Im the one who posted this but that wasnt me who said this comment to her! I was/am asking for her input! And anyone else's!! lol

Quoting jbjb1024:

I thought she posted this for help with her ultrasound?! Am I confused?!

Nice response by the way!!

Quoting Pandapanda:

Lol. So agressive :) Someone needs a nap I think. 

(Btw- Medical student here, also married to a certified/licensed ultrasound technician.)

Quoting tjane3000:

I didn't ask for you input. Unless you are a u/s tech or have MD after your name your input and "links" mean nothing to me.

Quoting Pandapanda:

http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

13 week old fetus (15 weeks gestation)
(fetus size = 
3.5 inch, 90 mm)

17 week old fetus (19 weeks gestation)
(fetus size = 
5.9 inch, 150 mm)

week13 female
1. Anus 
2. Buttocks 
3. Clitoris 
4. Labia majora [Large lips]
7. Labia minora [Small lips]
6. Legs
week17 female
Girl  

Girl

Quoting tjane3000:

That's definitely a boy. 15wks is not too early.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Xanbuttsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I donno when I was pregnant with ds the tech told me it was a boy at 12 weeks. He was also spot on with my due date. Maybe he was just REALLY good at his job lol.

OP it looks like a boy to me. Im not an ultrasound tech though lol

Quoting Pandapanda:

At 15 weeks, the parts still look a lot alike. Too early to tell. You'd be amazed at what changes in a week or two.

jbjb1024
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:07 PM
If you weren't the one posting then there's no reason to get bad because someone posted a link for someone else

Quoting tjane3000:

It was me, and I wasn't asking a question, that's why I got an attitude. All I did was say that I didn't think it was too early and that it looked like a boy to me. It seems every time someone doesn't like somebody else's answer they always post some link to make a point and I didn't need a biology lesson I was simply stating my opinion to help.

Quoting jbjb1024:

Ok, I just saw that! I'm sorry. How did the post turn into someone's else's question and that other person get an attitude!? Lol

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Im the one who posted this but that wasnt me who said this comment to her! I was/am asking for her input! And anyone else's!! lol

Quoting jbjb1024:

Quoting Pandapanda:

(Btw- Medical student here, also married to a certified/licensed ultrasound technician.)

Quoting tjane3000:

I didn't ask for you input. Unless you are a u/s tech or have MD after your name your input and "links" mean nothing to me.

Quoting Pandapanda:

(fetus size = 
3.5 inch, 90 mm)

(fetus size = 
5.9 inch, 150 mm)

week13 female
1. Anus 
2. Buttocks 
3. Clitoris 
6. Legs
week17 female
Girl  

Girl

Quoting tjane3000:

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

looks like a boy to me

kimmie3577
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:22 PM

15 weeks isnt early at all you can actually tell the sex at 13 weeks... i found out at 14 weeks what i was having im having a boy with my first i did the same thing and i was having a girl.. it was right with her. some poeple will say it is way too early but 13 weeks is the earliest.. i would still wait until 18 to 20 weeks just to recheck because some of the techs out there are not very smart.... the only reason i listen to my tech is because i know how to read those my self it is not hard if the baby is position with the area clear enough to see

tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM
That's the thing she didn't post it for someone else. She quoted me and posted it. I don't mind at all her posting for someone else.

Quoting jbjb1024:

If you weren't the one posting then there's no reason to get bad because someone posted a link for someone else

Quoting tjane3000:

Quoting jbjb1024:

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Quoting jbjb1024:

Quoting Pandapanda:

Quoting tjane3000:

Quoting Pandapanda:

(fetus size = 
3.5 inch, 90 mm)

(fetus size = 
5.9 inch, 150 mm)

week13 female
1. Anus 
2. Buttocks 
3. Clitoris 
6. Legs
week17 female
Girl  

Girl

Quoting tjane3000:

ProudMama1125
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Looks all BOY to me. I have 2 boys.... so I'm pretty sure that's a pee-pee.. Congrats!

MichaelsMom0711
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Oh, Im very sorry to hear about ur daughter :(

Quoting echupko:

We weren't there to find out gender! It just happened! Lol

I had lost a daughter at 16w earlier that year so we were just doing ultrasounds to check on baby.

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

oh thats good, so if ur Dr did it that early then 15 weeks must be a good time to tell gender accurately enough. the tech that does my OB's ultrasounds said 15 and 16 weeks is perfect time too, he just cant do them unless he has an order from my Dr, thats why I went to the 3D place, she waits til 20 weeks.

Quoting echupko:

This was at the drs office

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Aww he wasnt being shy at all with the little legs wide open!! i think 15 weeks is a good time to tell, especially if they determine boy. did u have a 3d done or at ur Dr's office?

Quoting echupko:

Payne 15w

This is my ds3 at 15w! He is still very much a boy!

MichaelsMom0711
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I have heard of a  few people on here finding out at 12 weeks or going on 13 weeks so thats why I was pretty comfortable with going at 15 weeks, and this place i went to does them at 15 all the time and the tech seemed really knowledgable by the way she was explaining everything even beyond what I asked so this is good to hear!

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

I donno when I was pregnant with ds the tech told me it was a boy at 12 weeks. He was also spot on with my due date. Maybe he was just REALLY good at his job lol.

OP it looks like a boy to me. Im not an ultrasound tech though lol

Quoting Pandapanda:

At 15 weeks, the parts still look a lot alike. Too early to tell. You'd be amazed at what changes in a week or two.

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Babies genitals are fully formed by 15 wks gestation, anything between 10-14 wks would be inaccurate because the tubrical is still changing. Looks like a boy to me.

I found out with my kids at 19w0d, 15w6d, 15w6d (boy boy girl) & were all correct & clear!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured