Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ultrasound pic question.....

I posted my u/s pics already that I had done this past Saturday. We were so happy to hear its a boy! I went to a 3D u/s place cuz I couldnt wait for the 20 week scan at my Dr's office to find out! Anyway, I was 14w5d I think according to due date by LMP (turned 15 weeks exactly Monday, had u/s Saturday afternoon) OR 15w 2d going by the due date by measurments of my last u/s at my OB's office a couple weeks ago. So anyway, its clearly boy parts to us AND the u/s tech, she even had us guess and I asked a couple times if shes sure cuz 15 weeks is the earliest they do the gender check, she explained if its a girl nub then the penis part would be there (obviously) and pointed that out too. The only reason i want to post and ask if u ladies think its accurate that its a boy is cuz ive seen a couple others in my due date group that were told boy right around 15 weeks or so and they wanted girls so they are saying their pics could be a girl nub and still thinking 15 w is too early. and a girl i work with said be careful its not the umbelical cord, i think the cord would be much bigger and a certified u/s tech would be able to tell the difference between a penis and a cord! I just want to be sure cuz I am so happy to have another boy and dont like doubt coming up cuz of other people!! Please see the pic and let me know what u think!! AND I also went so early cuz this 3d place posts their accuracy on their website, they are able to FIND the gender 91% of the time at 15 w and are RIGHT 99% of the time and plus the u/s tech at my OB's office said 15 or 16 weeks is actually the perfect time to tell gender, he just cant do u/s unless ordered by the Drs. thanks for reading! :)  Its a potty shot by the way! :)

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (51-60):
rbailey2414
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I see the nub, but I wouldn't go buy all boy stuff yet! Wait until your 20 week scan to be sure :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichaelsMom0711
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM

oh good, u know how to read these urself? I think its pretty clearly a little man and Im srptty sure this tech was good, and the place has 99% accuracy at 15 weeks too. the tech said there are certain views that could mistake girls as boys so they know not to use those. And at first she couldnt see clear enough cuz how he was sitting so i had to go use the bathroom and walk a few minutes so she could be really sure! Im pretty confident its really a boy, plus i have felt that since the beginning, I just always second guess everyhting if I see someone else doing it! Ive always been like that and i hate it! lol thanks! :)

Quoting kimmie3577:

15 weeks isnt early at all you can actually tell the sex at 13 weeks... i found out at 14 weeks what i was having im having a boy with my first i did the same thing and i was having a girl.. it was right with her. some poeple will say it is way too early but 13 weeks is the earliest.. i would still wait until 18 to 20 weeks just to recheck because some of the techs out there are not very smart.... the only reason i listen to my tech is because i know how to read those my self it is not hard if the baby is position with the area clear enough to see

MichaelsMom0711
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Oh definitely! And we wont be buying much boy stuff anyway cuz my son is only 18 months right now and I kept ALL his stuff hoping that #2 would be a boy too! :) They just need big brother, little brother shirts but that will wait a while!

Quoting rbailey2414:

I see the nub, but I wouldn't go buy all boy stuff yet! Wait until your 20 week scan to be sure :)

Nolanzo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:10 AM
At 15 weeks my daughter had very obvious girl parts... And she is still a girl. Yes, the clitoris protrudes much as a penile shaft does in those early weeks but there are other lines underneath that make it rather easy to tell the difference.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichaelsMom0711
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Yea, there are always 3 lines right? Even as early as 15 weeks?? And from this littel potty shot view i dont think the clitoris would protrude THAT much anymore! then I see a little nutsack too! lol.

Quoting Nolanzo:

At 15 weeks my daughter had very obvious girl parts... And she is still a girl. Yes, the clitoris protrudes much as a penile shaft does in those early weeks but there are other lines underneath that make it rather easy to tell the difference.

Nolanzo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Well, I know at MY ultrasound they zoomed way in to show me the obvious differences, showing examples of boys at 15 weeks gestation as well in blown up photos. It was more than obvious.

And I had no idea about the 3 line thing until I was schooled on it by my awesome us tech lol. She was great!

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Yea, there are always 3 lines right? Even as early as 15 weeks?? And from this littel potty shot view i dont think the clitoris would protrude THAT much anymore! then I see a little nutsack too! lol.

Quoting Nolanzo:

MichaelsMom0711
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I did that too, I went online and looked at boy and girl pics at 15 weeks and the girls didnt really look that similar to boys anymore, at least not at this view and this little guy looked like the boy pics! were the 3 lines there clearly already at ur 15 week u/s when the tech showed u?? My tech was pointing out every boy part too so i think i can be sure!!

Quoting Nolanzo:

Well, I know at MY ultrasound they zoomed way in to show me the obvious differences, showing examples of boys at 15 weeks gestation as well in blown up photos. It was more than obvious.

And I had no idea about the 3 line thing until I was schooled on it by my awesome us tech lol. She was great!

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Quoting Nolanzo:

Nolanzo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Absolutely. It was clear as day. Thankfully she was being cooperative at the time :)

And my two previous we're boys so I know what a turtle shot l

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

I did that too, I went online and looked at boy and girl pics at 15 weeks and the girls didnt really look that similar to boys anymore, at least not at this view and this little guy looked like the boy pics! were the 3 lines there clearly already at ur 15 week u/s when the tech showed u?? My tech was pointing out every boy part too so i think i can be sure!!

Quoting Nolanzo:

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Quoting Nolanzo:

Nolanzo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Absolutely. It was clear as day. Thankfully she was being cooperative at the time :)

And my two previous were boys so I know what a turtle shot looks like...
Although I didn't find out till 20 weeks with ds1 and 17 weeks with ds2... It was very obvious! My daughter looked nothing like that! :)

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Quoting Nolanzo:

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Quoting Nolanzo:

echupko
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Thanks

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Oh, Im very sorry to hear about ur daughter :(

Quoting echupko:

We weren't there to find out gender! It just happened! Lol

I had lost a daughter at 16w earlier that year so we were just doing ultrasounds to check on baby.

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

oh thats good, so if ur Dr did it that early then 15 weeks must be a good time to tell gender accurately enough. the tech that does my OB's ultrasounds said 15 and 16 weeks is perfect time too, he just cant do them unless he has an order from my Dr, thats why I went to the 3D place, she waits til 20 weeks.

Quoting echupko:

This was at the drs office

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Aww he wasnt being shy at all with the little legs wide open!! i think 15 weeks is a good time to tell, especially if they determine boy. did u have a 3d done or at ur Dr's office?

Quoting echupko:

Payne 15w

This is my ds3 at 15w! He is still very much a boy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)