Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ultrasound pic question.....

I posted my u/s pics already that I had done this past Saturday. We were so happy to hear its a boy! I went to a 3D u/s place cuz I couldnt wait for the 20 week scan at my Dr's office to find out! Anyway, I was 14w5d I think according to due date by LMP (turned 15 weeks exactly Monday, had u/s Saturday afternoon) OR 15w 2d going by the due date by measurments of my last u/s at my OB's office a couple weeks ago. So anyway, its clearly boy parts to us AND the u/s tech, she even had us guess and I asked a couple times if shes sure cuz 15 weeks is the earliest they do the gender check, she explained if its a girl nub then the penis part would be there (obviously) and pointed that out too. The only reason i want to post and ask if u ladies think its accurate that its a boy is cuz ive seen a couple others in my due date group that were told boy right around 15 weeks or so and they wanted girls so they are saying their pics could be a girl nub and still thinking 15 w is too early. and a girl i work with said be careful its not the umbelical cord, i think the cord would be much bigger and a certified u/s tech would be able to tell the difference between a penis and a cord! I just want to be sure cuz I am so happy to have another boy and dont like doubt coming up cuz of other people!! Please see the pic and let me know what u think!! AND I also went so early cuz this 3d place posts their accuracy on their website, they are able to FIND the gender 91% of the time at 15 w and are RIGHT 99% of the time and plus the u/s tech at my OB's office said 15 or 16 weeks is actually the perfect time to tell gender, he just cant do u/s unless ordered by the Drs. thanks for reading! :)  Its a potty shot by the way! :)

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (71-72):
tms2008
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
It looks like a boy to me. I had an ultrasound at 13 weeks, 6 days and the u/s tech said boy and you could clearly see the boy parts. I had another ultrasound yesterday at 19 weeks, 6 days and the baby is still a boy. Things look a little different but you can definitely tell that he's a boy.
MichaelsMom0711
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM

See, everyone says 13, 14, 15 weeks is sooo early to find out but i see so many women on here finding out, especially with boys, around 13 and 14 weeks and the u/s techs are right! Im not really doubting that they were right anymore for me but this helps, thanks!! I compared his to boy and girl pics of u/s online and the girls look clearly like girls already and this little guy clearly has something there! lol    :)

Quoting tms2008:

It looks like a boy to me. I had an ultrasound at 13 weeks, 6 days and the u/s tech said boy and you could clearly see the boy parts. I had another ultrasound yesterday at 19 weeks, 6 days and the baby is still a boy. Things look a little different but you can definitely tell that he's a boy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN