Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Drinking pepsi while prego??

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 50 Replies

I know it's bad to drink it but I tend to crave pepsi when i get stressed out.  My baby is a few days over due an im bored an nervous so i crave pepsi like everyday.  I used to drink alot of coffee but stopped when I got pregnant.  Does anyone else drink soda while prego??  I guess I just feel a little guilty cuz i know im not supposed to. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monkeybelle83
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I do every now and again. Coffee makes me sick, and I'm a caffeine addict so I do a pepsi instead of my usual non-preggo energy drink.

<-- bad mom of the year award nominee? ;-)

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:28 PM

No, it's not good for the baby to have a lot of caffeine while pregnant, so I didn't. I also never really drank a lot of caffeine anyway, its not good for your body either. 

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM
3 moms liked this
In moderation it's perfectly fine. I limit myself to one can a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ginnygurl97
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM
I'd have one of the little cans that are 8oz instead of 12oz a day of Pepsi or Dr. Pepper. My doc said it was fine in moderation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I do...it helps my tummy settle down

alexislovesjr
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I LOVE PEPSI AND DRINK IT EVERYDAY... my dh bought me caffeine free Pepsi :)

MrsRobinson06
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Im 35 weeks and have been having about two glasses of pepsi since the second trimester started. Im not worried. My other pregnancies were fine too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetieiv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I do. I drink Pepsi or Dr pepper in small portions. Yeah I know its bad but it tastes sooo delicious lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:59 PM

What's the difference between caffeine in coffee or soda? I mean, no caffeiene would be best, no one is perfect though. I have what I want. If I want soda, I'll have one. I don't drink it often anyway. I'm having some root beer tonight =)

I still drink a cup of coffee every morning as well, though I did switch to 1/2 caf. I think stopping and getting headaches would be worse for me than having a 1/2 cup worth of caffeine.

KittyTussand
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I let my self have 1 can a day! its what i crave next to hot dogs and steak LOL. My midwife said as long as i keep it under 200 mg (i think thats right) of caffine im fine. But she warned NOT TO DRINK ANY DIET! which is fine i think diet taste terrible! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN