Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Extra amniotic fluid anyone else?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM
  • 6 Replies
I'm measuring a couple weeks ahead and I have to have a follow up ultrasound to measure the baby and fluid any info or experience?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Plus-size-mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM
They checked my daughters fluid level at the last u/s because I mentioned how active she was. They said they like for the levels to not be below 8 or above 21, hers was 14. Too much fluid can indicate swallowing issues or issues with something else, can't remember what they said.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Not here, but here is a bump for you

Borikua_Mommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

with my 2nd pregnancy i had the same issue since im high risk they had me come in the last month twice every week for 20mns to monitos babys heart beat and an ultrasound to chek level of amniotic fluid wich was always pretty high, the only explanation they gave me was that it had to do with the babies urine inside the womb etc... I was a little bit freaked my belly looked like it was about to give birth to triplets because of so much fluid i had inside. But if it kept increasing they would have to do a procedure where they have to insert a needle into the womb and remove some fluid. Thankfully the amnitoc fluid always stood on the high side but not the dangerous side. Everything went well when the induced my labor had my baby boy and he was absolutely perfect, still is :)... Dont stress like always say worry only when you really have to worry not before.. Enjoy your pregnancy! and good luck.. keep us updated!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I measured way ahead in early pregnancy but my OB wasn't concerned. By 20 wks everything leveled out. Hopefully its nothing to be concerned with! Good Luck sweetie!

akrall83
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM
High levels of amniotic fluid can indicate placental breakdown. But you're probably fine. I wouldn't worry too much.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
DS had extra fluid and always measured big (especially his head). I had weekly ultrasounds to monitor it but the dr said it was likely just because he was big and big babies pee a lot. Lol He is 2.5 weeks old now and perfectly healthy. Don't worry momma, I'm sure everything is fine! :)

Oh and ds' number was 30 at 35 weeks, 27 at 36 weeks, 25 at 37 weeks and continued to drop until I delivered at 39 weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)