Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

so worried! cant sleep.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:23 AM
  • 7 Replies
*sigh. Oh ladies i hate when my mind wont shut up!
Monday i had my cramps/contractions. Called midwife. Got them stopped. Tiday was my 24 week appointmnt. She was able to find babys heartbeat which i was scared for. He stopped movingmonday (he is now moving cinstantly!!!) And i was scared she wouldnt find heartbeat!! Huge sigh whn i heard it. Unfortunitly went went from good to bad. Cervix is soft and starting to dialate. So she wanted us to go for ultraound to meassure cervix and check amnio levels. Asap. So we go in tomarrow. If everything is fine then she says i can stay with them.
But if its thinning then i have to trnsfer to an ob and put on medications and possibly bedrest. Yes i will do what i have to for cadan but im only 24 weeks! Its so early for preterm.
My midwife put me on pelvic rest (no prob there lol) but id go insane on bedrest so would my toddler.

Ugh i think cadan is trying to push his way out!! Tummy feels so tight when he moves like that..but at least he is moving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I was 30wks when I had a growth scan and they could tell my cervix was already "thinning"
I'm not sure how long before that it had been

but I made it to 39wks 5 days
So try not to stress :)
I know easier said than done

KatieGirls2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:34 AM
I have several friends that had the same thing happen and with drugs and bedrest two of them actually ended up being late and one was born on his due date :) so try to to fret momma, it may not all be what you were hoping for but chances are everything will be fine :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KatieGirls2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Sorry! That was supposed to be try NOT to fret! Lol
MochaBerry24
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Aw i can see why that is scary for you. I hope everything goes well at your appointment hun!
xredstarsx
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Heather, I wish I could help you feel better. If an ob can help more than the midwives though then it's the right choice. I ended up with a c section and still the midwives have been great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KittyTussand
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:31 AM

thanks ladies for your kind words. i was finnaly able to get to sleep and im glad i had no dreams of any kind.  instead i woke up to my daughter kissing my forhead and trying ot get me out of bed.  And when we came down stairs we had a dance party! what a great distractions!! probably not taking it easy like my midwife waned but when your little one wants to jam...you jam!!! hahah 

KittyTussand
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM

hey rachel!! thanks for trying just over all worried i guess. Not so much the OB part but the medications and bed rest part. and the  whole he wants to come early! way way to early! but im trying to take it easy and not think about it....well as easy as i can when gwen wants to dance and sing and play!  someone gave her caffine pills this morning i swear! but its a great distraction until appointment time!

Quoting xredstarsx:

Heather, I wish I could help you feel better. If an ob can help more than the midwives though then it's the right choice. I ended up with a c section and still the midwives have been great.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)