Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Men in the delivery room....

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:29 AM
  • 78 Replies
For those that have already had a baby, was your SO a help or more of a nuisance while you were in labor and delivering baby?
I am expecting number 3 and hubby was good at holding my leg and that's about it for first two babies lol he doesn't even cut the cord, nurse did it the first time and his sister the second time. Definatly glad I learned from first delivery and had his sister with me the second time! So how about your so's? :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh is Amazing! Towards the end I couldn't stand anyone's voice but his. I freaked out each time he left my side. Even just to use the bathroom. Not that great at back rubbing though, lol. Presses too hard. He was nervous and didn't cut the cord with our first, but said he will this time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieGirls2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:13 AM
2 moms liked this
That's great at least he is trying :) I've given up hope on my dh, just realized it's not his cup of tea and don't ask much of him till I need a leg holder lol it's ok though we all have our shortcomings, his doesn't bother me :)

Quoting SarineLewis:

My dh is Amazing! Towards the end I couldn't stand anyone's voice but his. I freaked out each time he left my side. Even just to use the bathroom. Not that great at back rubbing though, lol. Presses too hard. He was nervous and didn't cut the cord with our first, but said he will this time.
xLilBit22
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:57 AM
I dont think i want mine to help (not to be mean) mine doing the sweet lil things can be brutal. Lol. I want him there this will be out first but im pretty sure he will be a pain in my ass than much help
Tracie82411
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:47 AM
My SO was in the room but he wasn't much help, he held my hand but didn't say anything until she was born and he was too scared to cut the umbilical cord. We are also young so that may be why he was like this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband was great with our son. He held my leg, and cut the cord.

Unfortunately he won't be there this time, but my mom will and she can cut the cord. Hopefully DH can be on Skype so he can still "be there."
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't want anyone near me during labor so he doesn't do anything for that. With my second he delivered the baby so I'd say he did splendid that time around. :-)

Denisethedaring
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Both my sons' father and my daughters' father were extremely helpful!!  I would have had much worse experiences without them.

lillucky8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM
My dh held my leg and chats up.the staff...annoying but helps keep the mood light. He didnt cut either of my kids cords either lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflymama21
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Husband was was amazing :) He was with my every step if the way.I had a pretty long labor that ended in c- section.He only left for a shower for a stort time then was right back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Dh held my leg and cut the cord but he didn't talk during it and honestly he wasn't that helpful.This time I am spending the next couple of months training him on how to be a good coach and not just a bystander

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured