Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

maternity pics and such... (kind of sad not sure what to say or do at this point...)

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM
  • 10 Replies

So last night me  and DH were talking before bed about maternity pics. I had said that I wanted to get them done this time with this one.(See I didn't get anything like that done last time when I pregnant with jr) and I figured I'd bring it up now so could talk about it and think about it and plan for it, stuff like that... Well dh acts like he really doesn't get the point of doing them, like they are stupid or something. Long story short he said he thought we should do them in April which would only be the first part of the second of my second trimester. Now idk when exactly people take maternity pics but I thought it was much later in their pregnancy than that... I even told him that last night... and he just sighed really big like he was pissed at me for wanting them and went on reading crap on his phone... I mean he acted the same way when I was pregnant with jr... and I swear it almost made cry then and there... I mean I know it shouldn't be that big of a deal and I probably won't bring it up again because I don't want to fight over something so idk small in all reality and something that is such a materially thing as that but it just makes me sad that I can never have a pic of me ever being really pregnant... I mean like i wanted a memory of it, if that makes any since... and I even told him that last night and he still acted that way... I just don't know what to do or say at this point... and this on top of the way things have been going for weeks now cuz of my hormones and me being a well witch because of them, which I know may not be right but I really do try my hardest be kind to dh but it isn't always easy when I feel like he's putting his stupid pc game over his family and his son... (which granted this might just be hormones talking too cuz that usually doesn't get to me but it has been lately... )

But my main thing is about his reaction the idea of maturnty pics... What should I say or do about it?

Has anyone gone through anything like this before? If so what did you say or do about it?

Advice would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance ladies...

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meg4763
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

My dh was less than enthused about doing pics our first pregnancy (I was 7months), but when we got them back he loved them!  I plan on doing them again, and he will just have to come along whether he wants to or not, lol!!  I feel your pain about the stupid phone or games! Sometimes I tell him he might wake up next to a broken phone so he can focus more on us!! Unfortunately I can't do that since its his work phone!! lol! Good luck though!  I wouldd recommend doing the pics though bc they make such great memories!

Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Quoting meg4763:

My dh was less than enthused about doing pics our first pregnancy (I was 7months), but when we got them back he loved them!  I plan on doing them again, and he will just have to come along whether he wants to or not, lol!!  I feel your pain about the stupid phone or games! Sometimes I tell him he might wake up next to a broken phone so he can focus more on us!! Unfortunately I can't do that since its his work phone!! lol! Good luck though!  I wouldd recommend doing the pics though bc they make such great memories!

Oh thank you... idk right now, I'm only 11weeks and 5 days today, so I have time to think about it... I suppose I just need time to calm down from last night and figure out how to talk to him about it all though...

Yeah I have a mind to at least hide dh's computer game today so he can't play it tonight, no wait I'll safe that to do tomorrow or tomorrow night after he falls asleep so we can a some what good day Saturday on our anniversary... lol. Yeah I'd love to break dh's phone but it's a work phone too, I think his boss would be pissed if I did that though... oh well.. thanks for the advice thu. I will probably get them done I just need time to calm down about it all and think things thru though, I can't just be all like well I'm going to get this pics done and if you don't like then oh well. I have to work on talking him into going along with it first though... it's just how I am anyway... I want a happy marriage, or as happy as it can be anyway...

thank you again...

cutestmom24
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
you should do the pics. its a great. memory. to have. wait. till your 7 or 8 months. schudle. a appointment. ant tell him if he dosent want. to go then. just do the take the pictures. with your son
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't let him get to me
If you want maternity pics...plan for them and get them done...its a memory you will have forever...in my opinion...to hell with him on this

Shermy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a stubborn ass, and if unwanted pictures done, I would just have them done.
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Agree

Quoting kelly617:

I wouldn't let him get to me
If you want maternity pics...plan for them and get them done...its a memory you will have forever...in my opinion...to hell with him on this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
My moms a photographer an she does them late 7 mths to middle of 8.
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Oh and do them later...7 to 8 months...when your belly is BIG!! they will be gorgeous!

AmericanChild82
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM

You don't need his permission to have them done. Tell him April won't work because you won't be showing much so you'd like have them done in June or July.

meg4763
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I understand completely, but when you are married you are supposed to compromise and try to make each other happy.  If taking pics will make you happy then he needs to go along with it.  :-) I wish it was that simple, but maybe when the time gets closer he will come around more! I am only 10 weeks, but I can't wait for pics this time bc our 6 yr old will get to be in the pics too, which will make it so sweet!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)