Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yoga... what do you know??

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM
  • 2 Replies

I've practiced yoga for over 3 years but this is my 1st pregnancy while doing it.  I've found all different types of advice on the internet, so I don't know which one to believe.  My instructer is also my neighbor and I'm not ready to publicize this pregnancy yet so I don't want to tell her.  I'm only 7 1/2 weeks, but somewhat concerned that there are poses I shouldn't be doing already.  Anyone have some expertise?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mewebb82
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I taught yoga for 4 years and had a prenatal yoga class for the last year. I've practiced yoga through all 3 of my pregnancies as well. Definitely tell your instructor that you are pregnant. You can tell her you aren't really sharing the news with everyone yet, so to please keep it to herself for now. Just let her know that you want to be safe and she should be aware. You should avoid any poses where you are laying on your stomach or flat on your back. For the most part though, you should just follow your bodies cues. There really isn't any pose that is completely off limits. It just depends on your capabilites prepregnancy. Definitely don't push yourself beyond what you were able to do before and if you find that a pose is uncomfortable or painful then don't do it. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:14 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured