Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Juniper and menthol bath??

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 10 Replies
Do any of you ladies know if itd be safe to take a bath with juniper and menthol? Its a stress n tension relief packet dh got me a bit ago and I thought itd be nice to do..

But I want to make sure its safe.

Im 39w6d , dilated to 3cm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma_gig
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I would call and ask your OB/Midwife. I don't know why it wouldn't be, but I would check to be safe.

EmmaZate
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM
With dilation I worry some, however if your water hasn't broken I would say its mostly safe.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:40 PM
I took baths all the time during my other 2 pregnancys. My kids are healthy, were at birth. I was dilated then too. BUT I thought I remember hearing to avoid menthol when pregnant or nursing. But google has lead me to nothing.

Quoting EmmaZate:

With dilation I worry some, however if your water hasn't broken I would say its mostly safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I'm more worried about the additives to the bath rather than the bath itself. Have you called the ob's office?

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

I took baths all the time during my other 2 pregnancys. My kids are healthy, were at birth. I was dilated then too. BUT I thought I remember hearing to avoid menthol when pregnant or nursing. But google has lead me to nothing.

Quoting EmmaZate:

CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM
No. I decided against it for the fact I know I saw something about menthol and dont want to risk it. Plus the way my hips are im scared I would not be able to get up out of the tub and dh wont be home for hours. I just want so bad to relax. Im on edge, sore, tired, ect ect...and that bath sounded so good, the stuff smells amazing.

Quoting EmmaZate:

I'm more worried about the additives to the bath rather than the bath itself. Have you called the ob's office?

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting EmmaZate:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:17 PM
If you can afford it, look into a prenatal massage at a local spa... Massage envy is almost everywhere. I have a spa that I go to that's a little more expensive than some, but my husband insists that I get one every month or two because they are extremely relaxing. And at this point for you, it might help with your labor process. :) good luck relaxing mama!

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

No. I decided against it for the fact I know I saw something about menthol and dont want to risk it. Plus the way my hips are im scared I would not be able to get up out of the tub and dh wont be home for hours. I just want so bad to relax. Im on edge, sore, tired, ect ect...and that bath sounded so good, the stuff smells amazing.

Quoting EmmaZate:

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting EmmaZate:

CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I looked into it but the nearest place for one is almost 2 hours away. I dont feel comfortable being that far from the hospital at this point. Ive been getting routine mani/pedis and its nice to just relax. I thought about going this weekend but my person wont be in :(

I might have to tell dh to give me a little back rub. My hips are the problem though. Hopefully getting the kids in bed early will help ;)

Quoting EmmaZate:

If you can afford it, look into a prenatal massage at a local spa... Massage envy is almost everywhere. I have a spa that I go to that's a little more expensive than some, but my husband insists that I get one every month or two because they are extremely relaxing. And at this point for you, it might help with your labor process. :) good luck relaxing mama!

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting EmmaZate:

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting EmmaZate:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully! I hope you have that baby soonish and get some relief!

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

I looked into it but the nearest place for one is almost 2 hours away. I dont feel comfortable being that far from the hospital at this point. Ive been getting routine mani/pedis and its nice to just relax. I thought about going this weekend but my person wont be in :(

I might have to tell dh to give me a little back rub. My hips are the problem though. Hopefully getting the kids in bed early will help ;)

Quoting EmmaZate:

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting EmmaZate:

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting EmmaZate:

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Try a Epsom salt bath. That helps and sitting on a yoga/birthing ball - Do circles, front and back, side to side and figure 8's. That also helps too. I hope you hips start feel better soon. I also liked when my hubby would place one hand on each side of my hips and push in. But he always had to have the right spot or just didn't help the right way.

jesuschild06
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM

i looked up bengay one day to find out if it was safe. All i coud find on it was how not to use it because of the menthol in it, so i would definatelybeiffy about it. do you have a small tub you can ut some water it? just soakingyour feet may help relax you after the kids go to bed ? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)