Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im getting nervous....

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 4 Replies

I had an appointment with my doctor tonight, and Im 36 and a half weeks pregnant. Im pregnant with a little boy, and he is my second. I also have a 4 year old son. When DS1 was born, he was 11 lbs 6 oz. I had a c section. I really want a vbac this time. I have a pro vbac doctor. Its one of the main reasons why I chose her. I love her. She is a super attentive, intelligent, and all around nice individual. DS2 started to measure big around 31 weeks. I just had an u/s and he's already measuring 7.7 lbs and I still have a while to go. We made a plan in the begining that if my scar looked good, (not thinned) if baby was head down we would try and do the vbac. I know its my choice ultimately and she cannot make me choose anything, but each time I see her she keeps telling me about "if its a c section" and to be honest, Im starting to doubt myself. She told me tonight that shes worried for me if baby measures 10 lbs or over. Of course, if the other factors look good, then vbac is still an option, even if he's looking that big, but that shes worried about the baby and my pelvis. Im starting to wonder if another c section might be  my best option. Ive told her that I would like to go to 41.5 weeks on my own, with no augmentation. If my body hasent done it by then, then I'll agree to just meet her in the OR after that point. No induction for me. But Im getting scared. How is it possible that Ive only gained 13 pounds in my pregnancy and my baby is 7.7 of that? Does that even happen? I have NO GD. NO pre-e. I didnt with DS1 either. No one can tell me why I make such big babies. Im just scared I guess. Scared my body wont do what its supposed to and if it does, my lady parts will be permanantly damaged. :-( If you've read this all the way through, thank you. I guess I just needed to vent. Not feeling so confident today. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
devinsmom42
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My second baby was ten pds and I was induced at 37 weeks. I'm 5'4 and 115pds pr-pregnancy. I had no problems at all delivering her and didn't tear or have to be cut at all. She was my biggest baby of my four and the easier delivery...I pushed maybe three times total. Will your Dr induce you a couple weeks early...like 38 weeks just so the baby won't be so big maybe? I know a lot of docs won't Induce if you have had a prior csection....but maybe not with pitocin but just try the balloon first to get you to dilate then maybe break your water to see if labor will start on its own? I would think it would be better to at least try vaginal then even if it ended in a csection....at least you tried right? I mean if that's what you want of course...if not then go with the repeat csection. I just know how much easier recovery is with vaginal and I don't see why the doc wouldnt at least let you try. Maybe ask if any of those are options for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Why have a cesarean if baby is (maybe) 10 pounds?

And why have one if you are at 41.5 weeks?

Or for head up?

For health & safety reasons, I would encourage you to save a cesarean for a true need.

mem82
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

*HUGS*

IF you have been eating well, then the weight has came off in other spots and went to the baby so don't worry about that.

You can always try labor and if it doesn't work, you can go into the c section knowing you tried. Your lady parts will snap back into place, just keep kegaling.

I wish I had something brilliant to say to help your fears.

amc103
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Thank you! THis helped a lot. :-) Hugs to you!!!! Its nice to have the support. 

Quoting mem82:

*HUGS*

IF you have been eating well, then the weight has came off in other spots and went to the baby so don't worry about that.

You can always try labor and if it doesn't work, you can go into the c section knowing you tried. Your lady parts will snap back into place, just keep kegaling.

I wish I had something brilliant to say to help your fears.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)