Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

possibly pregnant again!! need advice =/

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:02 AM
  • 8 Replies

Just to start off i have a 4 yrs old daughter and 8 month old bby girl...i am a week late from my period i was suppose to start on the 24th.......My Dh went and bought two pg tests from the dollar tree and i took them....we were both positive it was going to come out positive...but instead i got two negative....i dont have any bleeding,spotting, or disgarge..i do however have slight pains on my left side.....Have any of you been miss lead when useing a cheaper brand of pg test? what brand should i re test with? 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mama_Of_Two2012
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I would be careful, that same thing happened to a friend of mine and it was a tubel pregnancy, almost killed her. LONG story but to make it short 1st time under the knife dr didn't remove baby (idk what he did) she came home her dh went back to work and a couple days later he came home to find her on the ground called 911 and when they got to the hospital they found the baby was still in her tube. 

I used and LOVE 1st response. Never used anything else...clear blue gave me 2 false positives.

Good luck and keep us posted

MomOf2DueInJune
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:13 AM

I am worried about a tubal pg too!!!! Im just scared all around......My dh got down on his knees and prayed last night...we have two already and now sure how we can take care of a third...but he prayed and said that he will except what the lord gives us...

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

I would be careful, that same thing happened to a friend of mine and it was a tubel pregnancy, almost killed her. LONG story but to make it short 1st time under the knife dr didn't remove baby (idk what he did) she came home her dh went back to work and a couple days later he came home to find her on the ground called 911 and when they got to the hospital they found the baby was still in her tube. 

I used and LOVE 1st response. Never used anything else...clear blue gave me 2 false positives.

Mama_Of_Two2012
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:17 AM

I have done that a few times. Took me handing it all over to God and really not worrying about, or trying to plan it and as soon as I gave up we got our son. Thank God, it was a LONG road. I hope you figure it out soon! Nothing more scary then not knowing. 

I didn't know BF will take your period away and so about a month ago I started freaking because I haven't had one since DS was born, 3 mo at the time, so i guess almsot 2 mo ago, dang time flys) ne ways- I was freaking, nervous, couldn't sleep it was AWFUL. Went to my Midwife and she told me it was normal for a BFind mom to not have one...It was nice to sleep again LOL

Quoting MomOf2DueInJune:

I am worried about a tubal pg too!!!! Im just scared all around......My dh got down on his knees and prayed last night...we have two already and now sure how we can take care of a third...but he prayed and said that he will except what the lord gives us...

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

MomOf2DueInJune
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Well i had dd in june and stopped bf in late september,,,so i dont think that could be the case.....but i think ill make an appt with my ob tmw just to get checked...thank god there is a high risk ob st my clinic who does specailty ultrasounds....so im sure if its tubal they will cath it really fast...

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

I have done that a few times. Took me handing it all over to God and really not worrying about, or trying to plan it and as soon as I gave up we got our son. Thank God, it was a LONG road. I hope you figure it out soon! Nothing more scary then not knowing. 

I didn't know BF will take your period away and so about a month ago I started freaking because I haven't had one since DS was born, 3 mo at the time, so i guess almsot 2 mo ago, dang time flys) ne ways- I was freaking, nervous, couldn't sleep it was AWFUL. Went to my Midwife and she told me it was normal for a BFind mom to not have one...It was nice to sleep again LOL

Quoting MomOf2DueInJune:

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Mama_Of_Two2012
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Oh for sure, please keep us posted on what you find out

good luck

Quoting MomOf2DueInJune:

Well i had dd in june and stopped bf in late september,,,so i dont think that could be the case.....but i think ill make an appt with my ob tmw just to get checked...thank god there is a high risk ob st my clinic who does specailty ultrasounds....so im sure if its tubal they will cath it really fast...

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Quoting MomOf2DueInJune:

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

misskrys86
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I had an ectopic last year, had a positive pregnancy test before I even missed my period. Never heard of getting a false negative because of a tubal. Test with your first pee of the morning with a first response. That's my advice at least. Good luck

kelly617
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM

If you're not on BC your periods could still be kinda wonky from having your son
I know it took my period about 6 cycles to actually be pretty routine....
I'd wait a few days and if you still haven't gotten AF test again...I've actually had BETTER results with the cheap tests than the expensive....I'm almost 10wks now and I got a positive on a walmart 88cent test 2 days before a FRER ever showed a 2nd line

I believe with a tubal you'd still get a positive....

FinchsMommy
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM
I would wait a week and then test again.

For me my period resumed 6 weeks after DS was born and was regular until I stopped breast feeding, because my milk dried up. Once that happened it was irregular city. Some months it would be 35 day cycle others 42, then 37. It was maddening. I always thought I aleays thouggt i was late and preggo. I took more tests that came back negative than I can count on both hands.

It could be your hormones or too early for the dollar tree tests to pick up the positive. Wait a week and test again, using a brand other than dollar tree. I use Fist Response and never had a false positive or incorrect negative.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)