Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

is there anything I can do..

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:16 AM
  • 5 Replies
The doctor wants to see how the weight of the baby is before I deliver again. Which isn't til august of this year. Why is that? Is there anything that I can to prevent having a c section? Any advice would help.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Ultrasounds aren't 100% accurate at determing the weight of the baby.  And even if baby ends up being big that dosen't have to mean automatic c-section because I am on the small side and my ds was 9 pounds 12 ounces at birth and I had him naturally with no complications. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lyndle
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this
You should be asking all these questions to your doctor. And don't be bullied into a c-section if that is not what you want. You have the right to inquire about your health and condition, don't be shy. Best wishes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I would ask my Dr. Ultrasounds can be so off. My second they said she would 9-10lbs from going off the one ultrasound I had, how my belly was measuring and my Dr thought I may possible have GD. Just because of my first GD test high(which I feel and know in my heart. They mixed it up with someone else's or did something wrong). Long story there.

Well she came out and you should have seen the look on there faces. She was 6lbs 3oz.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Have you had previous babies that were abnormally big or small? Do you have a hip or pelvis issue?

smyeary
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM
No hip or pelvic issues. I had three boys

1st- 41wks 8lbs 7oz
2nd- 38wks 6lbs 12oz
3rd- 40wks 9lbs 5oz

Quoting mem82:

Have you had previous babies that were abnormally big or small? Do you have a hip or pelvis issue?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN