Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Dizzy?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 8 Replies

I've been terribly dizzy since 3 am. I slept off an on, and I'm still dizzy. I just ate and I'm drinking now.

This sucks because I need to "shovel" the back porch and path to my car... Its that fluffy snow so I just push it aside, easy. 

Then I go pick up my friend who is going with me to help with Joey at my OB appointment at 10 am. 

I'll update later and hopefully its nothing.... :/

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Emt2Rn
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I've had some dizziness issues. One time was obviously some dehydration, and my BP was low. The second time (and I went to OB to get checked out) it was low BP and low blood sugar. I was told to eat small frequent meals, about every 2 hours, full of protein and carbs. The thing about the dehydration is that you may not realize you're dehydrated, but because your pregnancy body is so different from your non-prego body, that you just overall need more fluid, even when you feel like you're drinking enough water, you're most likely not. Get to feeling better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jacandjay
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Drink some water
amc103
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:40 AM

How are your iron levels? Ive been feeling really dizzy and light headed and breathless lately and recent bloodwork shows that Im pretty badly anemic at this point. Maybe ask your doctor? I hope you feel better soon!

Byrd15
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Hopefully that's it... :/

Quoting Emt2Rn:

I've had some dizziness issues. One time was obviously some dehydration, and my BP was low. The second time (and I went to OB to get checked out) it was low BP and low blood sugar. I was told to eat small frequent meals, about every 2 hours, full of protein and carbs. The thing about the dehydration is that you may not realize you're dehydrated, but because your pregnancy body is so different from your non-prego body, that you just overall need more fluid, even when you feel like you're drinking enough water, you're most likely not. Get to feeling better!
Byrd15
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Fine as fad as I know.

Quoting amc103:

How are your iron levels? Ive been feeling really dizzy and light headed and breathless lately and recent bloodwork shows that Im pretty badly anemic at this point. Maybe ask your doctor? I hope you feel better soon!

Byrd15
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
UPDATE:

Midwife says I need to eat more frequent small meals, and focus on protein! :)

Other than that everything is perfect! :))
amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM
How'd your appointment go
Byrd15
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Update is above. Im mobile, lol.
She said I just need to eat more. I've gained 20 pounds already though and Im 25 weeks today!

Quoting amy31308:

How'd your appointment go
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)