Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I know its a little selfish..but I'm sad about this...

Posted by   + Show Post

This is my 3rd child but DH's first. I believe every pregnancy is special and deserves special attention. 

Well SIL planned my baby shower for the end of March. Which was great. No issues.

Well, now it's been moved to the day after her birthday, 2 weeks before the original date, so we can go there (she's 2 hours away) and celebrate her birthday. I was kind of hoping that weekend would be more about the baby, now it's suddenly becoming about her birthday. 

I love her and she's a good person, but she's always been the "look at me" type. I'm not really mad about it, just a bit annoyed. Would you be annoyed or am I just being hormonal?? 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Replies (11-14):
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Can't you tell her you have a scheduling conflict?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichaelsMom0711
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Oh sorry, I read it wrong, i was going to say thats a really late shower, 2 weeks before ur due! And if she is always like that, thats probably why ur annoyed but I agree with another reply that said everyone is going to be way more focused on u and ur new baby on the way than her bday!!

Quoting Dee0886:

Lol no she moved it 2 weeks before the original date the party was planned for. 

Yeah, like I said she's a nice person but if attention isn't on her or her kids, she somehow makes it about them. That's why I'm annoyed I think. Cuz this happens alot. Even if it's not suppose to be about them, somehow it's shifted that way lol.

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

I would definitely be annoyed too, its not u. Especially since she is the one who planned ur shower in the first place. It probably bothered her that u would be getting all the attention and not her. I cant stand people like that either that always need to be in the spotlight, my SO actually has a sister in law like that and shes a very jealous person if me or one of their sisters or someone gets attention or a compliment and not her. I think they need to grow up! Plus, it being 2 weeks before ur due is cutting it a little close, what if ur baby comes early??

Journeysmama11
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I agree. I'd be annoyed, but just smile to yourself because it's a birthday for crying out loud...they happen all the time...new babies don't just pop out all the time! lol! The attention will be on the new baby and you so she's really just taking away from her birthday. :D Congrats too!

Chrissy156
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I agree. And by having the two parties on the same weekend you're likely to have a better turnout (as opposed to asking people to drive twice). But with that said, I'd still be annoyed. 

Quoting Dee0886:

Yeah thats a good point lol

Quoting mem82:

8) Plus, let's be honest. More people are going to be interested in a new baby than an adult celebrating another birthday. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)