Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bubble bath

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm past my due date, and I love taking bubble baths. It is so relaxing, but I'm kind of nervous that if my water breaks when I'm in the tub, that I won't know about it. I know that if it's a big gush of water then I'll probably know, but if it starts leaking slowly when I'm in it do you think I'd be able to notice or feel it?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM

You will definitely know if your water breaks. It's not likely though, due to water pressure. 

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM

The chances are pretty slim, and even if it does break you will notice when you get out of the tub as your body continously makes fluid. I say go for it, being past your EDD I would say its worth it!

Mzwest83
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM

When my water broke with my dd it felt like a balloon poped in my stomach so you would know. If its a slow leak you will have alot of sweet smelling watery discharge. If you are not sure about if its watery or urine. Take a brown paper bag, cut to panty liner size and put in your underwear. Walk around a little bit. If you sit and it is your water then it can pool and not come out as much. Then, smell it and see that way. Panty liners will work to but make sure they are unscented. The bag will also tell you how much you are leaking. Thats what my doctor told me to do when I thought My water broke with my son. Turned out to be a litte normal pregnancy discharge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN