Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Trying to conceive: One positive HPT, four negative

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hey all, 

I am 20 years old (21 in one month) and my boyfriend of two years (he's 23) and I have been trying to conceive for about 5 months now. This month my "period" came, only it wasn't really a period. I spotted two days, bled two days, spotted two more days, nothing for a day, and spotted some more for a day and a half. Wednesday (1/30/13) I took a HPT, and it came back positive. I took one on Thursday night (different brand) and another the next morning and they were both BFN :( Today (2/1/13) I took two more (of the same brand that I got the positive) and were also negative. I am so confused and frustrated. I'm experiencing symptoms such as nausea, extreme fatigue, hightened sense of smell, and SERIOUS bloating. That spotting ended less than a week ago. I would love any advice (try not to be too harsh if ya can :P)

Thanks in advance! 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mushmom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Are you testing in the morning? It doesn't sound to be like you are. Sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:33 PM
This

Quoting mushmom:

Are you testing in the morning? It doesn't sound to be like you are. Sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:37 PM
You need to test with the first mornings urine. If its still neg then you probably are not. Yyou could also go get a blood test from your ob. Do you have any medical conditions that would make it difficult for you to conceive?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM

You need to test only with first morning urine- meaning don't pee at all during the night, then take your test when you pee the first time. 

Unfortunately, symptoms really don't mean anything. 

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Hmmm if one was positive maybe you are or maybe you just don't have enough hormone in your system right now...I'm not sure.   I would do what the other posters said though.  

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

zionsmom1
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I know it is possible to bleed some and be pregnant but to spot then bleed then spot?? hmm idk when I found out I was preg. in dec. i had super super light spotting just when I wiped for 2 days. then I tested pos. a couple days later. It doesn't sound like you are to me. Its another month, keep on trying! I also know when I was ttc I thought I had every symptom in the book. (I ended up miscarrying my last preg. so I'm not preggo right now) :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN