Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Im so confused....

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 16 Replies
I took two home test and they both said positive, but my doctor said its possible there false since i'm so close to my period. I have had all symptoms...is that even possible?
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michellej428
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM
That doesnt sound right to me, what your dr said. Did the dr take a urine or blood sample and test in the office? I'd just wait a few days...maybe buy some cheap dollar store tests so you don't break the bank.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
husker2013
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM
No I just called her but she thinks because im young im having a scare. I know im gaining weight and iv been puking and fainting for three Weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michellej428
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM
How old are you?

How soon is your period due?

Quoting husker2013:

No I just called her but she thinks because im young im having a scare. I know im gaining weight and iv been puking and fainting for three Weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM

It's nearly impossible to get a false positive on a HPT.

husker2013
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
18 and last week. Am I just being stupid?
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Um, of course you'd get a positive close to your next period...that's why they make tests that can tell you up to 6 days before you even miss a period! You need a new doctor, hun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michellej428
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM
No, you're not being stupid at all!!
So you're already a week late?

I think you need a new dr that will take your concern seriously and not doubt you just because your young.

Quoting husker2013:

18 and last week. Am I just being stupid?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
husker2013
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I thought about it but she has been my doctor for years. Yes today was 8 days late
michellej428
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Then call her back and tell her you insist on getting an appointment and want a blood test. If you're not pregnant, the puking and fainting is a concern.
If you are pregnant are you going to keep it? I got pregnant at 19 so I can relate to your situation.

Quoting husker2013:

I thought about it but she has been my doctor for years. Yes today was 8 days late
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
husker2013
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Yes i'm actually married and he wants to keep it so where probably going to buy a house and try this. We are not hurting for money at all so I think we will be able to manage, of course we wanted to wait but it happens...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)