Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

They keep STOPPING

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 24 Replies
Its starting to upset me. I get strong contractions for like an hour, then they stop. Its just getting to me. Im beond uncomfortable. This is my 3rd and most uncomfortable pregnancy yet. Most of its my back issues from my epidurals.
It just needs to happen. Im like completely thinned out, 3cm, and babys at -1. As of today. Cmon already!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Walk! If they continue to get stronger when you walk for at least an hour , then it could be time. If you drink like 4 glasses of water and walk but they slow down and/stop then its probably not...good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Ive been non stop moving. I got into a position with my oldest where I couldnt move during labor and it was way longer than need be. Ive been doing all I can to keep them coming and they keep stopping. At 40 weeks its very frustrating. Really going by my calculations, andi know when we had sex im 40+3..but been going with the drs due date cause I hate january.

Quoting nikkifam5:

Walk! If they continue to get stronger when you walk for at least an hour , then it could be time. If you drink like 4 glasses of water and walk but they slow down and/stop then its probably not...good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I had four days of prodromal labor like that before I finally had my son.  I feel for you!  Hope they get going for you soon!

CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Its been a week :(

My other two went over so I wouldnt be suprised but im not going past 41 weeks. So id like her to just come out now.

Quoting Heather2001:

I had four days of prodromal labor like that before I finally had my son.  I feel for you!  Hope they get going for you soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Sorry if I missed it, but how far along are you?

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

My other two went over so I wouldnt be suprised but im not going past 41 weeks. So id like her to just come out now.

Quoting Heather2001:

CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM
40 weeks, going by dr...40+3 going by my calculations, which like I always say :) I know when we had sex. Lol and when I ovulated. But its only a few days difference not a biggie!

Quoting Heather2001:

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting Heather2001:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:23 PM
There coming back :) ...but shes not a fan of them and moves during them..well kinda before and after and makes it hurt 10x worse. Bleh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Well, I'll tell you what finally worked for me: celery seed tea.  After four days of on-off active labor-type contractions, I was done.  I had walked miles and miles, sat in baths, had sex, basically did every thing in my power to get the contractions regular because I couldn't take it any longer, and I had read somewhere that celery seed tea might help and it did.  I only drank a half a cup and had him several hours later.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

40 weeks, going by dr...40+3 going by my calculations, which like I always say :) I know when we had sex. Lol and when I ovulated. But its only a few days difference not a biggie!

Quoting Heather2001:

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting Heather2001:

Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Maybe she's not in a good position?  This also happened to my friend and she did this abdominal lift and hip tuck thing on spinningbabies.com and it moved her little guy into the right position and she had him later that night.  It's worth a shot!

http://www.spinningbabies.com/techniques/activities-for-fetal-positioning/abdominal-lift-and-tuck

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

There coming back :) ...but shes not a fan of them and moves during them..well kinda before and after and makes it hurt 10x worse. Bleh.

CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I wouldnt even know where to begin to find that lol. But im for sure going to look!!

Quoting Heather2001:

Well, I'll tell you what finally worked for me: celery seed tea.  After four days of on-off active labor-type contractions, I was done.  I had walked miles and miles, sat in baths, had sex, basically did every thing in my power to get the contractions regular because I couldn't take it any longer, and I had read somewhere that celery seed tea might help and it did.  I only drank a half a cup and had him several hours later.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting Heather2001:

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting Heather2001:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN