Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

need advice plz ladies?? **update

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 19 Replies
I am almost 18wks pregnant. I am the mom that got put on bed rest for the partial placental abruption. I have had slightly elevated blood pressure a few times this pregnancy as well. I had Pre-E with my last pregnancy (4yrs ago). I am concerned bc I have had migraines for the past NINE days. My doctor knows and prescribed me HYDROCODONE/APAP 10/650. They don't help at all anymore. I'm concerned that this migraine is something more serious. I can't even eat because the pain is so bad it is making me sick. What do I do? Please help me mamas??

*UPDATE**
Sorry I haven't updated sooner. We have had a stomach virus come through our house. All three if my kids and I have been miserable......but anyways....went to the Dr on Monday and they did scans. It is just regular migraines but ny pregnancy hormones are making the migraines worse. Plus I also have a pinched nerve in the back of my neck. I appreciate everyones concerns and well wishes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stressedmama24
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM
BUMP PLEASE LADIES?
LyndollyCarlos
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Bump
MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I almost died from my severe pre eclampsia in October...my BP was 177/117 when I checked in to the hospital...but I wasn't having headaches at all.  They even say now that a headache is not a reliable indicator of elevated BP.  If you are worried maybe go to a local pharmacy or somewhere that has those automatic BP cuffs and check it to see what it is.  I wouldn't stress just yet.  I had it at 28 weeks and even being that far is SUPER early for pre eclampsia as bad as I had it....I believe from what I know that it would be near impossible or extremely rare to have it at 18 weeks.  Especially to have BP so high that early that you are having horrible migrains.  Have you been drinking any caffiene lately?

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I'd check in to L&D.

stressedmama24
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:20 PM
My BP was just barely elevated a few times this pregnancy. Not high enough to give me BP meds. It was never high until the last month during my last pregnancy. I have had migraines for years but it is worse in pregnancy. I have small amounts of caffeine a day so I don't have caffeine withdrawals.

Quoting MMerrill:

I almost died from my severe pre eclampsia in October...my BP was 177/117 when I checked in to the hospital...but I wasn't having headaches at all.  They even say now that a headache is not a reliable indicator of elevated BP.  If you are worried maybe go to a local pharmacy or somewhere that has those automatic BP cuffs and check it to see what it is.  I wouldn't stress just yet.  I had it at 28 weeks and even being that far is SUPER early for pre eclampsia as bad as I had it....I believe from what I know that it would be near impossible or extremely rare to have it at 18 weeks.  Especially to have BP so high that early that you are having horrible migrains.  Have you been drinking any caffiene lately?

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Are you on Zofran or any other medication by chance?

kelly617
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Call L&D and explain to them whats going on....they might want you to come in so they can monitor you and the baby

stressedmama24
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Phenergan but I only take it as needed.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Migraines and headaches are a side effect of phenergan as well as Zofran. I usually deal with a killer migraine for 4-5 days after taking one stupid little pill of zofran. When was the last time you took a phenergan?

Quoting stressedmama24:

Phenergan but I only take it as needed.

Quoting Pandapanda:

stressedmama24
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Our L&D doesn't see pregnant women until 20 weeks. They will send me to the ER. I can't go there until tomorrow bc of my other three kids. I am alone with them and can't take them with me.

Quoting kelly617:

Call L&D and explain to them whats going on....they might want you to come in so they can monitor you and the baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)