Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

registering for non baby stuff?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

i remember when i was pregnant with ds joking about registering for a car cause well, we NEEDED one with a baby on the way lol.

now im not even sure im having a shower.  if i do, great.  if not, fine.  BUT even though #2 is coming 5 years later and we are having a girl, we dont need lots of stuff.  little things, some new sheets, clothes, a few pricey accessories but nowhere near what we needed with ds. 

what we DO need is stuff to organize to make room! we have 3 bedrooms but they are small with limited closet space.  i got the dresser for the baby but we need stuff for dh's clothes, file cabnet type things for all the stuff that will be relocated from the "office" to make a bedroom.

i was planning to register at target anyways... could i register for a filing cabnet?  or shelving? or drawers?

pregnancy due date

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it would be kinda tacky to register for non-baby items. If you don't need much, you can always ask everyone to just bring diapers!

CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
*I* wouldnt. Thats just me though. And if I saw that on a registry id find it tacky, unless they were baby themed items.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Most people like to buy for baby - you know, the cutesy stuff - so even if you register for it, you most likely won't get any of it.

tigerlil97
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Speaking as someone who likes to buy gifts that are actually useful, I would not mind pitching in for a filing cabinet. As another option, are you able to request target gift cards? That way you can always spend it on the things you really need later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM

why dont you just ask for gift cards to Target instead?

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I agree, ask for gift cards instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN