Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

hellpppp

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM
  • 10 Replies

im 9 weeks pregnant and for 2 days have been getting bug bites. but when i scratch they end up hives and when i manage not to scratch the swelling goes down. its only on my belly. a little on my back and a tiny bit right above my under arm. the hives are lighter than the skin around bc it is completely red. i dont know what this is!!!!!! ive googled and the pregnancy rash doesnt seem to be it. nothing matches except straight hives and it says it could be caused by the hormonal changes. i have a four yr old daughter and a 2 year old son. neither of them caused hives. their father is my ex husband this baby is my fiances. what is this and whyyyy meeeeeeeeee????????? oh and i cant go to the doctor until monday because i have my other 2 kids until then and no babysitter. :( please help!!!!

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelly617
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:34 AM

get some hydrocortisone cream....my son had hives and thats what the doc said to get...its an OTC you can get anywhere...it should help if its hives

lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:29 AM
I agree, and maybe call your doc and they could suggest something else? Im not sure if benadryl is safe while preg
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Astrachanca
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Benadryl is safe! Take some if you have any.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xanbuttsmom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Tale some Benadryl and a cool bath. Getting in cool water always soothes my hives and makes them go away quick. If you are not comfortable submerging yourself in cool water get a washcloth wet with cool water and just lay it over the affected area. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amycapl
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Benadryl is safe while pregnant... i don't know if hydrocortozone is though.  Benadryl also makes a topical cream you could use. also safe.

-Mommy2Faith-
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM

thanks. i have been taking benadryl the last 2 nights. it seems to work bc when i wake up its gone. but it keeps coming back lol...will also try the cool wash cloth! thanks mamas! :)

-Mommy2Faith-
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:25 PM

woke up this morning no hives about 10:00 tonight started itching and more flippin hives. this time my back arms and legs and neck :( im going to doc monday most definately i CAN NOT do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesuschild06
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:46 AM

i dunno if its possible but maybe theres something in the prenatals your allergic too? i know allergic reactions to normal meds can cause hives. I hope your doctor can help ! 

i also heard its possible to be allergic to your placenta, but i dont know how much of the body it affects. and not sure what is done for it. just read a glimpse of it one day a while back, never dug into it. i truely know nothing about it. i just remember reading it.

Quoting -Mommy2Faith-:

woke up this morning no hives about 10:00 tonight started itching and more flippin hives. this time my back arms and legs and neck :( im going to doc monday most definately i CAN NOT do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duquesne
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Some say that the PUPPPS rash is an allergy to dad's DNA in the placenta. PUPPPS is miserable.

Quoting jesuschild06:

i dunno if its possible but maybe theres something in the prenatals your allergic too? i know allergic reactions to normal meds can cause hives. I hope your doctor can help ! 

i also heard its possible to be allergic to your placenta, but i dont know how much of the body it affects. and not sure what is done for it. just read a glimpse of it one day a while back, never dug into it. i truely know nothing about it. i just remember reading it.

Quoting -Mommy2Faith-:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy2Faith-
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM

im taking flinstones same thing i took with my other 2 kids, and yea thats called pupps ive looked it up. everything i read says it doesnt come and go like mine has.

Quoting jesuschild06:

Quoting -Mommy2Faith-:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)