Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

So today I'm 8 weeks pregnant. I have been really sick these last few days with doing nothing but throwing up mostly everything I eat. The cramping has went down alot but is there from time to time. I called my doctor and he said that everything I have been feeling is normal. Today I feel great. No sickness or nothing. Is this going to be happening to me all the time where I feel like doing nothing at all but lay in bed and then the next I feel like I could do anything? I guess I could say that I'm tired of being sick all the time. :/

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Replies (11-16):
summerbear
by Rachel on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:01 PM
I had HG (severe morning sickness) until my second trimester. I'm 23 weeks now and I haven't had it since I was 13 weeks.

With dd2, I was fine my first and second trimester, as soon as I hit my third I was sick all the time until I delivered.

Hope it goes away for you soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rfhsure
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM

8 weeks pregnant, definitely normal. My morning sickness started at 8 weeks and it was a nightmare. I was puking all day starting from 3 am til I went to sleep. I had one or two days where I felt okay and then it'd happen all over again, it continued for about 4 months. Every pregnancy is totally different, you may have sickness sproadically, you may have it the entire pregnancy, you may only have it the first trimester. Just try drinking ginger ale or ginger root tea, eat some crackers or ginger snaps before you get out of bed in the morning and get up slowly. Make sure you dont wait too long to eat or between meals, and eat lightly when you do. If you get a craving, eat it! Your body will tell you what it needs and right now I'd just focus on eating what you can. My first trimester almost all I could eat was high carb foods like burritos cause it stayed down easier.

Glowing24
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM

when I first got preg. I was extremely sick! Couldnt get out of bed..everytime i moved I threw up... everything I ate or drank I threw up...its all a distant memory now :)

LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I had morning sickness the first 13 weeks. Im 25 weeks now and its baaaccckkkk....lol

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Its common during the 1st trimester. You will feel better buy the second trimester. I always just suck it up and do what needs to be done, working through it! But yea it will get better!

Gabrielle1982
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I wish I felt like I could do anything every now and then.  I'm 9 weeks and I've basically been out of commission since conception day. :S

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)