Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant with twins? Moms of twins?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have been having insane twin dreams since right before I found out I was pregnant... twins also run in my family on my father's side and my grandmother had twin siblings on my mom's side.

I am also 10 weeks and my belly is getting so big, I look at least 17 or 18 weeks pregnant, if not more. I have been having really really bad "morning" sickness, lasting all day, insane fatigue, to the point that I had my thyroid tested again because I thought my levels were going up. Also have been having really bad round ligament pain for a few weeks.

The more I think about these things, the more I wonder. Are there any moms who had a feeling they were having twins and were right? 

I would be okay with just one baby, twins would be fine too. I just think I'm going nutso thinking about this.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmyL3469
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM

BUMP!

janamcgowan
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Before I found out that I'm carrying twins, i was having EXTREME symptoms and dreams of multiples. but my dreams were that i was having 4 babies!

AmyL3469
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Mine are two boys. Dylan and Dexter are their names lol. I never entertained the thought of twins by just the dreams, but having all these symptoms as well is driving me bonkers. This is my 4th pregnancy, 3rd baby (or 3rd and 4th? lol). 

I have never been sick with my girls, i remember ligament pain around 16-17 weeks with both. I have had it for weeks so far with this one, EXTREME sickness, I've felt movement as well, starting 10 wk 2 days.

Quoting janamcgowan:

Before I found out that I'm carrying twins, i was having EXTREME symptoms and dreams of multiples. but my dreams were that i was having 4 babies!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Good luck! No multis here at least not yet :) good luck and keep us posted!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jesuschild06
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM

the symptoms dont indicate whether its twins or not, but idont know how i feel about dreams. So many things make up a dream, I dunno if you can trust them :p (i just had a dream i gave birth to a boy, i cant decide if that means my instinct is right, or the dream just came because i feel like im having a boy). there are groups out there (not sure if in cafe mom but i wouldlook into it) for parents pregnant with more than one. my sister is a part of "mothers of multiples" I dont know if its just a group ofgirls in our area, or if its like a nation wide group and you find people in your area to stay in contact with and meet (my sister has group meetings), but worth a shot to look into !

avaana06
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I had no idea I was having twins. They were my first pregnancy though. I didn't find out until my 20 week ultrasound that I was having twins! Do you have an ultrasound coming up?

AmyL3469
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM

10 more weeks unless something goes wrong.

Quoting avaana06:

I had no idea I was having twins. They were my first pregnancy though. I didn't find out until my 20 week ultrasound that I was having twins! Do you have an ultrasound coming up?

IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I had triplets, but other than losing 15 lbs in the first three months due to morning sickness my symptoms were not extreme!

I didn't even find out I was expecting triplets until my 20 week ultrasound....your father's side history doesn't matter, the only family history that matters is the maternal side...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Your father's side of the family means nothing. Only women pass along the gene that increases odds of twins. 

Your belly size and symptoms mean nothing. I have 4-5 friends with sets of twins and none of them had any early pregnancy symptoms that made it different than their singleton pregnancies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)