Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

walking to induce labor?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 41 Replies

did you try inducing labor by walking a lot? did it work? did you try anything else to induce your labor that worked?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaGlenn20
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM
With my first, I was on my feet all day for work up until two weeks before she was born. She was 6 days overdue but came very quickly and had an easy birth, I think all of my exercise helped. I think walking does help a little because the baby's head presses against the cervix and helps it to dilate / efface, if I'm correct.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PresleyLove
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I have been trying the walking thing but it hurts, so I only end up going for 15 minutes and hoping a magical electric wheel comes and picks me up. I'm due Monday, and before my BHs were always happening, now it seems like a ghost town of no signs of possible labor.
IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM
I walked till my legs fell off and ended up being induced. I don't think I walked close enough to my due date lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pacificamom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Nope, just waiting until baby is ready

EmmaGlenn20
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM
They call that the calm before the storm, mama!!! Lol

Quoting PresleyLove:

I have been trying the walking thing but it hurts, so I only end up going for 15 minutes and hoping a magical electric wheel comes and picks me up. I'm due Monday, and before my BHs were always happening, now it seems like a ghost town of no signs of possible labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krodden87
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Ive heard things like spicy food, sex, and walking can induce labor. I havent tried but in the next couple weeks im goin to be overdosing on buffulo wings, wearin my treadmil out, n keepin my hubby very busy. :-p a friend of mine climbed stairs at the mall for a couple hours til she went into labor too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PresleyLove
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Ohhhh I hope you're right!!!!!!

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

lilmami316
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM

so far  ive walked, cimbed stairs,  drank red rassberry tea, sex, swing, dance, jumping jacks, spicy food, squats, and nothing is working yet  im 4cm and 80% i just wish something would work for us soon

EmmaGlenn20
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I'm willing to bet it won't be too long :) I'm almost 37 weeks and sooo ready to be done, too.

Quoting PresleyLove:

Ohhhh I hope you're right!!!!!!

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:55 PM
I always walk through out my pregnancy, not just at the end.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN