Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If you have had 3 or more births...

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I realize this is kind of specific so I understand if you can't answer. I am currently pregnant with baby number 3. With my first two, I was not very educated and was induced at 40 weeks with my first and 39 weeks with my second. I was induced basically just because the doctor suggested it and I was ready to be done being pregnant. Now that I have had the time to research and realize that this baby would be better off coming when he or she is ready, I would rather not be induced. With my other two, I had preterm labor and was placed on bed rest and was at 3 cm for many weeks before finally being induced. I am now at 32 weeks with this baby and just hoping to go into labor on my own Nd be able to have a natural birth this time.

aaanyways, sorry for the long story. My question is, if you have been induced twice before, when did you finally go into labor on your own with your third child (if your situation is the same)? 

Thanks so much in advance for replies. And yes, I do know that every baby is different and every pregnancy is different. I'm just bored and curious. ;)

pregnancy calendar  Baby Blinkies  Baby Blinkies 

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:23 PM

You will go into labor eventually~~  your baby will tell your body that it's Time.

;-)

GL and congrats!

KatieGirls2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, we have similar stories! Except I was 41+ weeks with both of mine when I was induced. I am also expecting number three and want to go naturally. With my first I was at 0 everything and baby was high. With my second I had been having steady increasing contractions for a week and was at about 3cm before I wanted drugs to help really get things going. I'm hoping my body will get going even better with this one so that I can avoid drugs all together. But I have a feeling baby will be late again lol best wishes to you. I guess we will both just have to wait and see :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:55 AM
I was induced with my 1st at 40+4, 2nd I had a c-section at 39+2, 3rd I went into labor at 41 - 41 + 2 (disagreement on due dates).
doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Quoting KatieGirls2:

Wow, we have similar stories! Except I was 41+ weeks with both of mine when I was induced. I am also expecting number three and want to go naturally. With my first I was at 0 everything and baby was high. With my second I had been having steady increasing contractions for a week and was at about 3cm before I wanted drugs to help really get things going. I'm hoping my body will get going even better with this one so that I can avoid drugs all together. But I have a feeling baby will be late again lol best wishes to you. I guess we will both just have to wait and see :)

You are probably already well-aware, but there are many things you can do to improve your outcome (your goals, preferences, and also health& safety).    Avoiding unnecessary interventions is safest!
;-)

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

Mariah-1987
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:26 AM
I was induced with my first 2 as well and this time I. Want a induction free epidural free birth. Gl to you
SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Bump! I'm curious too.

I'm 38+6 with my second. Got induced with my first at 41+3. No clue when to expect to go into labor. Just hoping I do! As of last Wednesday no sign.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ahawkins
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:43 AM
No clue I have been induced 4 times...but only after my body was already in labor so all I had was a little pit to help it along....
sugareemommee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I was induced with my 1st, 2nd came naturally 4 days before my induction date.

Baby will come when it's time!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)