Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What would cause this? How do I fix it!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:25 AM
  • 19 Replies
Oh my goodness, for weeks now I have had this horrible taste in my mouth that I can't get to go away! It's kind of acidic, like after you eat a fruit flavored candy. But seriously I spend all trying to get it to go away! I brush my teeth and mouth like five times a day, drink a ton of water, I haven't been eating any fruit or having juice or anything you think of as being acidic. I'm chewing on gum and drinking milk and am at my wits end. What in the world would cause this and any ideas of how to make it go away??? Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:32 AM

i have no idea, but here's  a bump

pacificamom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I had it. It was acid coming up my esophagus. My breath was bad too towards the end of my pregnancy. I was prescribed Pepcid, kept altoids and gum handy and brushed way back on my tongue twice a day

KatieGirls2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Thanks, Im tempted to call my doctor and ask. It's so strong and gross, makes it hard to eat sometimes... Have never had anything like this happen before.

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i have no idea, but here's  a bump

jesuschild06
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM

not sure. my cousin had thrush while pregnant and said it was an acidic taste? its super annoying ive heard, but fairly easy to clear up once on meds.

KatieGirls2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I don't feel it in my throat at all though... It doesn't burn or anything just an awful taste...

Quoting pacificamom:

I had it. It was acid coming up my esophagus. My breath was bad too towards the end of my pregnancy. I was prescribed Pepcid, kept altoids and gum handy and brushed way back on my tongue twice a day

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Are you taking any supplements?

jupiter5
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I had that to I just brushed my teeth a lot it wasn't too bad for me. Good luck on fixing it
AA2.0
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:42 AM

I have no idea, but I really want some hard jolly ranchers. That's the first thing I thought of when you said fruit-flavored candy. lol ;)

I would call your doctor and ask. Another PP suggested thrush and if that's what it is, a dr should be able to give you something to get it cleared up. :)

akrall83
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Do your tongue and gums look normal? Do you have any problems with your teeth? My first instinct says a little acid reflux, but as others said it could be thrush. It could also be an untreated cavity. I would definitely mention it to the doctor though.
Mariah-1987
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:20 AM
With my second I always had the sweet pickle relish taste in my mouth. I tried eating spicy or garlicy foods to get rid of the taste and that never helped. One day it just went away. I think its just pregnancy messin with your senses.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN