Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would cause this? How do I fix it!

Posted by   + Show Post
Oh my goodness, for weeks now I have had this horrible taste in my mouth that I can't get to go away! It's kind of acidic, like after you eat a fruit flavored candy. But seriously I spend all trying to get it to go away! I brush my teeth and mouth like five times a day, drink a ton of water, I haven't been eating any fruit or having juice or anything you think of as being acidic. I'm chewing on gum and drinking milk and am at my wits end. What in the world would cause this and any ideas of how to make it go away??? Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Replies (11-19):
mrsevewat1
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I don't know either but im right there with u. I absolutely hate it and most times it makes me nauseous. I also have excess saliva-which sounds as gross as it is. I asked my dr about it and she said she would look into it. I don't have anything that would cause the taste in my mouth. The saliva I had with my last pregnancy but it went away after a month or two. This time ill b 19weeks tomorrow and its still flowing strong with no sign of slowing down. The taste is sometimes unbearable. Even brushing my teeth only last for a little while. I hope u find an answer so u can share! Lol. Gl! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I had that in my first trimester, but it left by the second. Sometimes in the past it has come back in the third. I am dealing with it midly now again. I noticed I have been brushing like crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieGirls2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Just prenatals and I normally take them even when not pregnant...

Quoting doulala:

Are you taking any supplements?

KatieGirls2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I think they look normal... I haven't had dental insurance in like six years so I haven't been to the dentist in a long time. I just got it though so I will be making an appointment soon. I very well could have a cavity or two...

Quoting akrall83:

Do your tongue and gums look normal? Do you have any problems with your teeth? My first instinct says a little acid reflux, but as others said it could be thrush. It could also be an untreated cavity. I would definitely mention it to the doctor though.
doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Same brand and frequency?

Quoting KatieGirls2:

Quoting doulala:

Our hormones can do funny things to us....   !
  ;- /

KatieGirls2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Yep, same kind I've taken for years and one a day...

Quoting doulala:

Same brand and frequency?

Quoting KatieGirls2:

Quoting doulala:

Our hormones can do funny things to us....   !
  ;- /

pacificamom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I never did either

Quoting KatieGirls2:

I don't feel it in my throat at all though... It doesn't burn or anything just an awful taste...

Quoting pacificamom:

I had it. It was acid coming up my esophagus. My breath was bad too towards the end of my pregnancy. I was prescribed Pepcid, kept altoids and gum handy and brushed way back on my tongue twice a day

CafeMom Tickers
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I have it too. Nothing helps:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I have no clue either. I would go see a doctor though. It could be a sign or a symptom of something that is wrong. Even though you don't have any other symptoms. 

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured