Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

round ligiment pain??

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

I have this pain in my lower left side of my belly. I have done some research on line that says it's most likely round ligiment pain. I can't hardly walk at times and I have been in tears from just adjusting my sitting position. This is my second pregnancy but I don't remember having this type of pain with my daughter (6 yrs). I had other issues with her, Preterm labor for example. Should I be concerned or is this natural??

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

sounds  normal to me. i didnt have it with my first but it started at 18w with my dd

Nay1983
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Your baby is probably pushing up against some nerve.  It was the same for me.  With my first just preterm but the pain wasn't nearly as bad.  I had some serious round ligament pain with my son but made it all the way to 38wks.  When is your next check with the doctor?

schilders2011
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I go back on the 20th. I also thought about a pinched nerve, I had back problems before I got pregnant anyways. Thank you

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:25 PM

The second baby can create more noticable round ligament pains.  If you are worried about preterm labor though, I would give your care provider a call.

genni_sunshine
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I have that too so I spoke to my dr she told me to get a belly band to help support the belly. she said it shoul;d help ease the pain

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM

This~ With each pregnancy I get round ligament pain more often and earlier. I am 4 wks 3 days and already have it when getting up to quickly, or rolling over in bed!

Quoting meam4444:

The second baby can create more noticable round ligament pains.  If you are worried about preterm labor though, I would give your care provider a call.

schilders2011
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Thank you to everyone that has offered advice. I'm feeling better today. I'm going to go get a belly band, my Dr suggested it also. Happy pregnancy. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured